Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon Purgies!

Lily - Yay! for a great signing! * takes notes about food bribery *

Fire - WOOT! for finishing!

Vandal - can't wait for you to whip it out! :D

(((Lily))) for the obscurity

(((Tas))) for the work drama

I'm the worst dancer in the room, guaranteed.
I seriously doubt that. My dancing ability doubles as birth control.

Oooh, I'm still groggy from last night. In-laws had their annual Winter party, and Lynne and I were out until 4 am (despite our plan to leave by 10 pm). I definitely can't party like I used to. We're taking turns today parenting the 2 kiddos at home, getting some more down time between shifts to help us fully recover. It's my turn to be bright-eyed and busy-tailed. NEED MORE COFFEE!

We're still putting the finishing touches on Kiddo #3's room. I ended up putting one of the stencils on the wall in the wrong place yesterday, and once it's up you can't move it without destroying it. Luckily Kiddo came up with a solution that saved my bacon. And talk about being out of shape - I broke a sweat measuring and cutting ribbons yesterday. They were for a criss-cross design over a fabric pegboard (so you can slide photos under the ribbon), and there must've been steam coming out of my ears as I tried to figure out how to make everything perfectly symmetrical. I eventually figured it out, only to realize once I'd finished, that I did it upside down. * sigh * At least it will look great in Australia.

I've got to hang up the photos and a few nick knacks, and we've got a couple more things coming in the mail, but it's pretty close to being done. It's looking really cute.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, one of those French bulletin boards. Cool! I keep meaning to try my hand at that, even bought some cheap corkboards and ribbon, but that's as far as I got. Do share what the trick is for symmetry, and I'll copy it to my under-utilized Crafts folder.

Maryn, who copies directions and buys supplies, but doesn't do the craft, mostly

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Afternoon, all
Lily, Congrats to your niece!
Rick, congrats on the Australia-friendly decorating job :)

Today has so far been the Day Of Yucky Jobs. Just spent an hour cleaning out the big saltwater fish tank that we have, which had gotten an algae problem. So, not was I up to my upper arms in algae-ish :e2fish: water, but the usually-cool thing about saltwater tanks is that they have all sorts of fun living creatures in them that you did not actually put in them.

Ours, apparently, includes bristleworms. :eek: Google if you're brave. My scream at the first one I encountered indicates that I am less so...:chair

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
OMG EEEWWW those thingies are nasty RAB!\

Rick, I hope you get some sleep tonight :S

Lil, OMG YAYAYAYAYAYAYA! That's awesome :)

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, Rab! I'm not a huge fish fan. I had a rescued beta that I ended up taking care of because its owner didn't want it anymore, but once it passed on into the great fishbowl in the sky, I was done with fish.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
YA revisions are still beating me up. Hmm... this could possibly be the reason I knitted for part of today. *whistles innocently*

Facebook came through for me--I just friended the missing fourth of our Novice group from back in 1980. We're all older, chubbier, grayer, and wrinklier. Quel surprise. :tongue

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Spent the day doing things that make me happy. Went and saw Warm Bodies with the family (LOVED it, btw), had a concrete at Culvers, then walked 3 miles around the neighborhood.

FruitTree

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished (i.e., completed the making process, not drank the whole batch - though I admit I'm tempted) the Limoncello that I made from the first lemons off my Meyer lemon tree. MMMM it is good!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend...I see I missed the dance party yesterday! Probably just as well. I might be able to compete for worst-dancer-in-the-room.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Limoncello and home-made turkey dinner both sound delicious! (Though probably not together.)

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Added a chapter to the WIP, edited about two chapters, asked total strangers if I could take their picture and they let me. Been an interesting day.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I've been missing. *waves* Hi everyone, sounds like you've been busy.

Snowed 8 inches here in Boston today. *eye roll* as if we need more snow. :soapbox: I baked last night with a friend (cupcakes) and am totally addicted to House of Cards (tv show on Netflix only). Twiddling my thumbs regarding agenty stuff, ugh, I hate waiting. Reading a ton. :)

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poor, sleepy thread.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
YOU CAN ADD A CHAPTER TO MY WIP ANY TIME!

:D

From around the corner was a pink elephant wearing a green tutu. In it's hands... paws... hooves... whatever... it held a mallet and a bloody rubber chicken.

Hrm needs work but I'm sure my intro to your WIP can be fit in somewhere ;)

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Morning purgies!:D

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

My only good thing to report- I lost 4 more pounds. So, that's 18 total so far.

Other than that, it's bloody cold, and I plan on cranking out some words.

((Lily))

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Good job, sammy!

Speaking of weight loss: I saw a commercial for Lipozene or some such that claims to zap belly fat gained from stress, pregnancy, age, the zombie apocalypse, alien abduction, you name it. Because I was procrastinating :tongue I looked it up. The super-special active ingredient? It's used in anti-lice shampoo! It kills the lice and then stays on your hair and scalp so any ones that survived will eat it and croak.

And they want me to EAT THIS? :scared:

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Lily- that is probably the scariest thing I've read in awhile... It's like a super-insane version of The Stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.