Last Television Program You Watched

AskMalice

Registered
Reaction score
Big Brother 15.

Spiraling into the pits of crap. I hope they do an All Stars next season.

espomama

Registered
Reaction score
Last children show - Super Why
Last adult show - Hell on Wheels

My favorite show currently airing is Dexter.

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
Working my way through season 4 of Breaking Bad. It's still got it.
Also, Orphan Black. It keeps getting better and better. imho.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I finally watched the pilot to "Sons of Anarchy." I didn't know what to expect but what I saw disappointed me. A whole show about anti-social deviants. I can't even call them anti-heroes; there wasn't one likable character in it. They were all ruthless (I wonder where Ruth is?) criminal assholes.

I don't understand why people like these kinds of shows. They seem to be becoming the norm: the glorification of sociopaths and psychopaths.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Shadow - I think it speaks to a darker side a lot of people have. I see them a bit as rollercoasters - these shows allow us to kind of live out dangerous things without actually having to do it. Also many of these shows do wind up having a moral centre somewhere, even if it isn't the main character. I love Breaking Bad and I love Walter White as a character and Cranston is AMAZING, but I really want him to get his comeuppance. It's the character of Jesse I feel for, and Walt Jr.

But I know how you feel. I hope the pendulum swings back again and we get some real heroes (not anti-heroes - which I enjoy but I am getting tired of), people who choose to do the right thing not because their parents were murdered but because they have the ability to make a difference in the world and want to do it (Batman vs Superman in other words - a highly unpopular view though, most people think Superman doesn't really have a place in our brave new world).

Last edited:

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Watching Flashpoint on Netflix, almost done with Season 4.

I love, love, love the characters and plots. I've cried at the end of many of the episodes.

I also like how they talk. :D

Sorry = Sorey

About = Aboout

Police Officer = Constable

K.B. Parker

I've lost my mind
Registered
Reaction score
Reba...

and i'm out.

edit: I'm back.

I finally watched the pilot to "Sons of Anarchy." I didn't know what to expect but what I saw disappointed me. A whole show about anti-social deviants. I can't even call them anti-heroes; there wasn't one likable character in it. They were all ruthless (I wonder where Ruth is?) criminal assholes.

I don't understand why people like these kinds of shows. They seem to be becoming the norm: the glorification of sociopaths and psychopaths.

I began watching it last season because my whole family loves it. Admittedly, the acting was phenomenal. I stuck out the season and decided I would try watching it this season as well.

I'm officially done. I am not one to be shocked by television shows, and I am not one who opposes violence on tv. However, there has to be some redeeming factors, and there is only one character left with any morals, and I can't stomach it anymore. The entire ordeal is disgusting and I feel like the director has lost what little sympathy any of these characters have. I'm going to put this as a SPOILER because there may be people reading who are not up to date, but what has now happened is reprehensible. I've heard that in the next few episodes instead of Jax taking responsibility for SAMCRO's role in the school shooting, he is much too busy trying to hide his involvement. DONE!

Last edited:

K.B. Parker

I've lost my mind
Registered
Reaction score
Rerun of Walking Dead....

but in 30 minutes I will be watching Sarah Paulson, Jessica Lange, Angela Basset, Emma Roberts and Taisia Farmiga giving me everything I have ever needed.