Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
You're trying to finish TAJ then?

Yeah havent stopped writing it yet. I'm at about 77K.

What's the purpose of the bow? Is it to hunt? If they're starting to starve, they might need less energy-intensive methods like setting traps and fishing. You can't afford to use up energy on hunting with a bow when you're starving.

It more for protection then hunting. In the beginning of the book they (both Matty and Evy) practiced with bows for fun for about two weeks, then when they ran away they figured it would be good to have. Evy carries it because Matty carries the water... long story... but this is the first time she's needed to use it for protection.

They also now just found a ton of weapons that Medusa had stolen off of all of her victims. So i'm trying to figure out what would be the perfect kind of bow that would fit Evy. Something small, light weight and rather easy to shoot.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to write in about half an hour. Right now, FB games and trying to come up with scenes for Chapter Four...

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've done some archery and all. Every year at camp since I was ten. At eleven I hit my first bull's eye... I wasn't keeping much food down then, so I wasn't that strong. I was... I was about 5'3". (I miss being that little). And I was pretty skinny. I would have been, maybe, 110 lbs? I could shoot with a longbow, then, but it was tough. You have to really know your technique.

ETA: You could go with a recurve bow. It's what the Olympics use.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
On the random ideas thing, I get a lot of mine travelling to/from uni.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ely.

The internet is a wonderful thing...

ETA: 8.5K! I'm on Chapter Four now. I know I want to introduce the subplots... it's what's going to happen that's the problem, haha.

ETA2: I'm going to stop writing for now. I'm too stuck on this scene to be able to continue. :(

Last edited:

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I *finally* watched Wedding of River Song. I was going to wait and watch it with a friend, but I got tired of waiting and watched it alone. :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Tristan from Suns and Stones is telling me that he wants to be in a different story - a modern retelling of Tristan and Isolde. WTF? SHUT UP! XD

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
A self-bow is generally a handmade natural kind of one. If it's fantasy, you might have that.

But since it's fantasy, you can call it whatever you like. A good slang term for the smaller bows is 'fairy bows'.

DiannaG

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there!

Seems you guys all know each other, hope I'm not interrupting anything. My name's Dianna and I'm 18. Apparently I write YA fantasy. I've always written fantasy, but the YA bit's kind of more recent and not really planned, but critters told me my book works better that way.

I'm a several year Nano participant and last year I wrote my first book that was actually supposed to be YA. And... I think that's all that's really important.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
A self-bow is generally a handmade natural kind of one. If it's fantasy, you might have that.

But since it's fantasy, you can call it whatever you like. A good slang term for the smaller bows is 'fairy bows'.

Well this new bow is well crafted even with nice engravings, the old bow was home made. Oh the "fairy bow"! That ironically makes alot of sense in terms of the story!

Hi there!

Seems you guys all know each other, hope I'm not interrupting anything. My name's Dianna and I'm 18. Apparently I write YA fantasy. I've always written fantasy, but the YA bit's kind of more recent and not really planned, but critters told me my book works better that way.

I'm a several year Nano participant and last year I wrote my first book that was actually supposed to be YA. And... I think that's all that's really important.

Welcome!!!

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there!

:welcome:

A few of us have been around TWFT for a year or two (some more, some a bit less), but new people are more than welcome! You even answered the questions before we asked. 1. What should we call you, 2. How old are you, and 3. What do you (generally) write? Like I said, you already answered those. :D

I'm BG, Bookgirl, whatever. I'm one of the old(er) ones on here (22), and I typically write fantasy, though I dabble a bit in historical and contemp.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Karla!

ETA: Going to bed. 'Night, guys. :)

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there!

Hi Dianna! I'm 23 with a publishing degree (but no job) and sobbing into the revisions of my urban fantasy. :tongue

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Para, but it's going to be so fucking badass. Even better than TDL, I bet!

-has just reread Covenant-

Hi, Dianna! I want to call you Dianna Agron. (If you don't know who she is, trust me when I say she's awesome.) I'm Tally. I'm kind of the thread little sister, at fifteen. (I used to be the thread baby, but then I grew up and there were younger ones). I write stuff where people die. A lot. Lovely to meet you!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
It's going to be pretty hardcore. The protagonists are facing off against an omnicidal angel in a ruined cathedral with an incoming airstrike even as we speak. :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.