• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Curtis Brown, Ltd. (USA)

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Epiphany, I sent her a query in mid-June and I know she mentioned on Twitter at the end of June that her query inbox was empty, so I figured mine was included in that.

I think her general policy is 10-day turnaround, response only if interested. I think you're safe to query Nathan. Good luck!

Thank you eveningstar!

a.vij

Registered
Reaction score
So far it's all over the board. I know Nathan B's requirements-is there anyone writing who doesn't?:) But I'm particularly interested in Katherine Fausset.

Several agent sites say she doesn't take email queries; her CB site says she does! CB says to submit a letter, synopsis (OUCH!), chapter, and resume.

NB says he avoids synopses, but I think I'm a better fit with Katherine F.

Anyone have the real "skinny" on what's what and how-to?

sorry to be a month late in answering, but in case you were too lazy to write out a synopsis, this might still help: i sent her a standalone email query last week (no synopsis, no sample chapters, no resume) and received a request for a full yesterday. fingers crossed!!

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
I sent a query to Ginger Clark at the beginning of May and have not heard a response back from her. Would it be safe to assume this is a no go? The only reason why I ask is because I want to submit to Nathan Bransford.

If it was an e-query, Ginger only responds to those she is interested in.

AnnieGrant

Registered
Reaction score
So...I'm a bit nervous. From everything I read, Nathan Bransford responds to queries relatively quickly. Are there any out there who waited longer than six minutes (or whatever the internet stories are) to hear from him? A week perhaps?

I hate to get antsy so soon, I really wanted to get my feet wet and get that first response from an agent. Now I'm compulsively checking the "Sent" folder to make sure I sent it to the right address and didn't inadvertently insult the man.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
Relax.

If it is supposed to happen with Nathan, it will--in its own time.

Turn off the computer.
Go outside.
Walk around the block and think of everything else in your life besides writing.

Then have an apple.

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
Six days does seem a bit long for Nathan, but not for every other agent in the universe. I know it's hard to wait, but I still wouldn't follow up with a query to him for at least a month.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I saw this question earlier, but didn't see any response, so thought I'd try again. Anyone here have any dealings with Mitchell Waters at Curtis Brown?
No personal dealings. Here's his AQ page, FWIW. He has lots more (and more recent) sales than listed.

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
Just wanted to drop in and give my current stats. I queried Ginger on 8/7 and got a request for first 50 pages today (8/17). So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ginger on April 23, never heard back. Since she only responds if interested, I suppose I can mark it a "no."

Barber

Timing is everything...
Registered
Reaction score
Nathan has been my top agent on every project. Perservence paid off, LOL. On Friday, I sent him a query for project 6, and he requested a partial within a couple hours! I've honestly queried him with just about every book I've written over the last 4 years. And he's always been very fast with his reply. This time it wasn't a rejection! Yay!

He's usally fast with partials too, so at least I won't go without breathing for too long. I still can't believe he finally took interest in one of my books!!!

Barber

Timing is everything...
Registered
Reaction score
Awww, half hour after posting my excitement, I got the rejection... I don't believe in jinxes, but sometimes they seem like they really exist. :(

5bcarnies

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorinthedark.blogspot.com
In my search for agents I found a website that stated Ginger Clark had left Curtis Brown LTD. However, she's still on their website and from what I gather by reading this she appears to still be there. Has anyone else heard this? Or am I just going bonkers?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Which website?
Aquentquery.com still lists her as being with CB and they are usually up to date.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Ginger's Twitter Bio: I am a literary agent. I work at Curtis Brown. This twitter will be boring.

I'd say the site that said otherwise is wrong.

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
In my search for agents I found a website that stated Ginger Clark had left Curtis Brown LTD. However, she's still on their website and from what I gather by reading this she appears to still be there. Has anyone else heard this? Or am I just going bonkers?

Speaking as one of Ginger's clients, I can state that she most definitely has NOT left Curtis Brown LTD. (If she has without telling her clients, then she's got some 'splainin' to do! ;) ) And for those with no humor meter--that was a joke. She's still with Curtis Brown! =)

WriterMorgan

Scribble, type, scribble, type.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Anna Webman at CB? She has a partial of mine. I've found info about her online, but was just curious if anyone else has stuff with her? :)