• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

TriadaUS Literary Agency

MrKennedy

Registered
Reaction score
After querying Dr Stender in the past, and always getting a response [1 positive (from my first novel...he liked my style and found me hillarious, but thought that the book was too nihilistic for the market at that time) and 1 very quick reject (which while a rejection, the swiftness, and actual response is appreciated)] from him, I queried him on my latest work.

After two weeks without a response, and since I didn't notice anything on his website saying he no longer responds to queries, I resent. And then received the auto reply. Two weeks after that...still no response. So I rolled the dice, and sent it again. I even sent him another email from a different address asking if he no longer responded to queries. No response to that either.

So maybe it's just me in general that he doesn't want to read anything from...lol

gawain

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jgadberry.blogspot.com
Lydia, how did your request go? Are you still waiting? Did Uwe ask for that in hard copy or email? The website seems to imply they want hard copy on materials.

I just queried him myself and I'm curious to learn more about this agent. Since the agency is so young, its hard to find information about them.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
There's not much information to find regarding fiction. Non-fiction should have a lot of info.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Lydia, how did your request go? Are you still waiting? Did Uwe ask for that in hard copy or email? The website seems to imply they want hard copy on materials.

I just queried him myself and I'm curious to learn more about this agent. Since the agency is so young, its hard to find information about them.

Young? Compared to what? They've been in business six, almost seven years.

gawain

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jgadberry.blogspot.com
Yeah that's what I meant LOL. But then, I'm old I guess. Most of the agencies I've queried seem to have been around for at least a decade, some for several. Comparatively, this one seemed relatively new. That's by no means a slight of opinion or an attempt to imply anything. Like I said, I queried them and I'm obviously excited and trying to do my research, but information has proven elusive. I get it. Some agencies just don't have a huge internet presence.

Lydia Sharp

for the love of love
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lydiasharp.blogspot.com

I am so sorry I forgot to come back and update. Yowza. My bad.

In his request, which was through email, he simply asked to see the full novel. I was confused by what was on the website as well, so I asked him "how do you want me to send it?" and he requested an email attachment. The reason being, I believe, because it's quicker. He seems to pride himself on how quickly he responds to authors, both for queries and requested material.

He got back to be in less than a week. Ultimately, it was a pass, but he included some detailed feedback and an invitation to re-send if I do any major revisions. He's on my short list of "revise and re-submit", should it come to that. At the moment, I'm still getting interest from other agents so I'm not ready to tear it apart yet.

gawain

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jgadberry.blogspot.com
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear you didn't get accepted but it sounds like you're doing just fine. I still haven't heard anything. It's been a few days but I know his website says within a week, and most responses seem to come pretty fast. Also cool to hear that you got feedback. I'd be thrilled just to get that once in a while.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
It took him about an hour to turn my query into a no. Gotta love those fast responders, even if you don't like what they have to say.

The Hobbit

Registered
Reaction score
I had sent a query to Dr. Stender a couple years ago and he got back with me quickly. It was rejected (and rightfully so looking back on it) but his kind encouragment was very helpful to a new writer like me.

Now that I've finished my second novel and am back in the agent hunt, he was the first person I thought of. I sent the query today and am eager to see what he has to say :)

Edit - scratch that. I just got the auto response saying they're out of the office until August 8th.. so I'll have to wait for that response :(

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Now that my novel has been through the wringer and has since stretched another 20K words, I might give Uwe another try since he'd expressed interest in seeing it again if I made extensive revisions.

I'll wait for a response from my beta reader before my next move.

The Hobbit

Registered
Reaction score
I had to resend it after a few weeks and got a quick rejection. Oh well, back to query search.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I resent my query to him after a no repsonse from him after 2 weeks- I just put query in my subject line- any suggestions why he might not have got it?

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I resent my query to him after a no repsonse from him after 2 weeks- I just put query in my subject line- any suggestions why he might not have got it?

I had the same problem last year from my author email address. He got wind of it here and asked me to send from my other email address and it went through. Maybe try another email account...

FabricatedParadise

Can be bribed with circus peanuts
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to repeat what others have said: he's a superfast responder. I querried today at 11:53am. By 11:59 I had my bright, shiny rejection waiting for me in my inbox. His rejection also didn't appear to be a form, which I found impressive.

6 minutes to respond (on a Sunday morning) and writing the R personally -- If this is any indication of how he represents his clients, it's a good sign.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. Very fast. I queried him on a Friday and received the auto-reply that he was returning Monday morning. Taking into consideration that there would be a number of neglected queries waiting for him, I assumed it would be awhile. But sure enough, by 8am that morning I had my kind, personalized rejection waiting for me.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
His books do well too! Definitely worth querying.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Does he have more fiction sales now? His non-fiction sales have always been excellent.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Well, a few more -- his non-fic has always been his strong suit. He has a couple heavy hitters, but he should have been way up there in novel sales for the amount of time that he's been receiving clients. Nothing wrong with that, though. I just had to find me another agent that knew first names of agents that had very strong sales in fiction, rather than non-fiction
Tri