Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
That's my problem. Over this last year... i've given up on every single dream i've ever had in my life, besides of course becoming an author. (Although to be completely honest I've been contemplating giving up on that too lately.)

Since i was 7 I've wanted to work for the FBI. At 11 I realized how much i loved science. So i combined them, and have wanted to be a Forensic Scientist for the last 10 years. I've done everything i could to try and accomplish that but because of my problems in my classes and with my one professor, i've given up that dream. Now... I have no goals, other then to graduate college. From going from the kid that knew how she wanted ever second of her life to pan out, to now this girl with no idea what i'm going to do... I'm starting to think about and accept anything that is thrown my way... Which is really starting to make my head hurt.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
That's my problem. Over this last year... i've given up on every single dream i've ever had in my life, besides of course becoming an author. (Although to be completely honest I've been contemplating giving up on that too lately.)

Since i was 7 I've wanted to work for the FBI. At 11 I realized how much i loved science. So i combined them, and have wanted to be a Forensic Scientist for the last 10 years. I've done everything i could to try and accomplish that but because of my problems in my classes and with my one professor, i've given up that dream. Now... I have no goals, other then to graduate college. From going from the kid that knew how she wanted ever second of her life to pan out, to now this girl with no idea what i'm going to do... I'm starting to think about and accept anything that is thrown my way... Which is really starting to make my head hurt.

I'm sure you'll figure everything out. Just give it some time. :)

I know what I'm going to college for and what I want to be when I get older but who's to say that that won't change?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I had troubles finding pictures that fit my characters too, because there are 6 of them, 3 boys and 3 girls. So i resorted to Silhouettes that i can manipulate.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to be a vet, a vet tech, a nurse, and a psychologist before I ultimately decided to major in early childhood. Some people know what they want and where to get it, others have to travel a little further to figure out what they want.

It'll come, Ally. Don't give up though!

My lead females are black, but it's hard to find pictures of black girls suited for what I am looking for. If I can't find what I want then I use other images to make them symbolic. Like my avatar now. The female is white with red hair sitting a meadow during a sunset, but I popped an eclipse moon in the back to make it look like nighttime.

What exactly are you looking for?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
i love making covers if you ever want me to make you one, just tell me what your looking for and i can see what i can do.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I don't know what I'm looking for, though. hehe

I want the cover to be very dark and seductive. It's about Djinns (genies) and demons/demon hunters. It's not like I need a cover but I like making the cover of any wip I'm working on my screensaver. It keeps me motivated, in a way.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah i used to be like that. I knew i wanted to be a forensic scientist so diffidently. So i picked the best college in the US for the masters program in FS... ironically i cant even get into the program because there undergraduate program is so insane. I only found out at the end of last year that the school lied to me for the last 4 years. Turns out almost no one from my school makes it into the program... why? Because the Chem department is utterly horrible and your lucky if you can even graduate with a chem degree itself. That's why on average only 5-7 chem student graduate a year.

Although i have a back up plan. As long as i graduate with a chem degree, i can attempt to get hired in an entry level position at a forensic's lab. Then knowing i do have a great work ethic, i'm hoping eventually they will pay for me to go back to grad school somewhere down the line.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what I'm looking for, though. hehe

I want the cover to be very dark and seductive. It's about Djinns (genies) and demons/demon hunters. It's not like I need a cover but I like making the cover of any wip I'm working on my screensaver. It keeps me motivated, in a way.

I do the same thing! My avi right now is just for the location my characters are at in the fictional land.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
yeah i used to be like that. I knew i wanted to be a forensic scientist so diffidently. So i picked the best college in the US for the masters program in FS... ironically i cant even get into the program because there undergraduate program is so insane. I only found out at the end of last year that the school lied to me for the last 4 years. Turns out almost no one from my school makes it into the program... why? Because the Chem department is utterly horrible and your lucky if you can even graduate with a chem degree itself. That's why on average only 5-7 chem student graduate a year.

Although i have a back up plan. As long as i graduate with a chem degree, i can attempt to get hired in an entry level position at a forensic's lab. Then knowing i do have a great work ethic, i'm hoping eventually they will pay for me to go back to grad school somewhere down the line.

I hate it when colleges lie. It's like what's the point? We are already paying you thousands and thousands? You get our hopes up then crash them for a few extra zeros on your paycheck?

It makes you wonder who they are truly working for.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
oh yeah exactly.

I planed to go to my university since i was a Sophmore in HS. Senior year i was told that if i went to the university as a pre-forensic's major, i'd be automatically accepted into the forensic's program. I was told that student who try to transfer into the forensic's program from other colleges almost always get turned down.

I was also told that if i picked Chemistry over Biology for my major... that chemistry students got picked first! That i could be at the bottom of my chem class and get in, but would need to be at the top of my Bio class if i wanted to get in. So i thought .... Chemistry sounds like the totally smarter option right?

Found out. 7 people this year in for Forensic program were originally undergraduates at my school. And out of those 7, 1 was a chem major the other 6 were Bio. The other 50 some forensic students are from OTHER COLLEGES!!!

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
When I think of Whispers in the Dark, I think of this. Jinns go poof.

That is really fucked up, Ally! Wow.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
If I had Andy's personality, love would be sooo much easier.

Hehe, Ely!

I think the really sad part is that colleges make promises, but if it's not in writing and there isn't an agreement then it most likely won't happen. However, that doesn't stop colleges from coaxing people into enrolling into their programs with sweet nothings. :<

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

I ended up figuring out all the planning details for my FMC. Still have to do my MMC. But I'll start again as soon as I finish beta-reading HR's WIP after this weekend.

That sounds really dumb about your school, Ally. I hope you can get a a job and they can pay for your master's degree.

I wish all the twifties good luck in pursuing their writing/day job careers! :D

MA - You're SO good at making cover art! I need to brush up on my Photoshop skills. I have some stuff on my FB fan page, but I'm planning to redo some to make them better lol.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
OMG, yes! I love Parks and Recreation. Donna, Tom, and Andy are my favorites! Ben slowly became my favorite too after the Pawnee Rangers episode when Donna and Tom take him to the mall to celebrate Treat Yo Self day!

ETA: Aw, thanks, Karla! I am still learning myself though. I am no Photoshop guru, I just some a little stuff here and there, but Photoshop videos on Youtube are a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.