How'd You Find This Site?

Aphrodite

Helium Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
I had searched for the name of a consolidator of freelance artists and craftspeople (that large international one that is taken by the reasonable people to be quite a morass) and the word "review" and the google returned, among others, a link to the "beware" topic.
This has been a good thing, overall.

David B

Ironhide
Registered
Reaction score
It was recommended to me by a member of my writing group.

LizzieBrooks

Ah, September!
Registered
Reaction score
It was mentioned on the Wattpad site. I'm having fun over on Wattpad, but I can see myself spending more time here as this seems to be a writer's community, rather than a reader's community.

noorilhuda

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

SC211, I used to surf this website for Authors Beware and other stuff long before I rolled-out my first book.

Kalliopaea

Kalliopaea
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Kalli, and I'm a romance writer. I was introduced to this particular forum by one of the writers in my local writers' group. I just finished my first novel tonight, and I'm looking forward to the editing process so I can submit it for publishing.

I'm also looking forward to learning all the ways I can improve my own writing technique.

Paulo Magalhaes

Registered
Reaction score
Basically the same as Satisian. I think I'll have some fun reading the guides some people posted in this forum.

jtsavoy

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was reading some information from Mark Coker of Smashwords. He suggested joining some forums to communicate with fellow writers and not live in such a shell.

Well, I added that last bit. The rest is pretty kosher.

This site looked the grooviest.

krypticjotter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
krypticjotter.net
I signed up for Nanowrimo 2014 and saw mention of it somewhere on their forums.
Not too many people talking over there so I thought it might be interesting to read posts on this forum - I noticed there is a thread for Nano.

Qui Amat Scribere

sed qui usquam procrastinates.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, all!

I found this site because it kept getting mentioned on the Writer Beware website, which I was reading for... fun, I suppose, since I'm not ready for any sort of publication yet.

Then, once I started browsing, I couldn't stop, so I figured I might as well give in and join the rest of the addicts. :)

nprimak

Potatoes are delish
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I was searching for forums to discuss self publishing and your site was on a list that showed up from google.

Lironah

Space Cadet
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joanalbright.net
I've been all around the web looking for a critique partner. Tried Scribophile and absolutely hated it. A friend from here suggested this place, which looks like it's more my speed.

Jam'reon

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Monkey

It was recommended by a member and I've heard nothing but good about it so here we are.

Nikhar

Registered
Reaction score
I googled 'Tasteful Sex Scenes' and came across an AW thread.

Nightlark

scribbler of many mediums
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. I have no idea how I found this site, which I did, apparently, over a year ago. But. I came here again, because it was recommended on an infamous Dear Author comments thread. I thought to myself: "Self, you should really check AWC out, as you're getting ready to decide who to solicit with that pile of 80k words whats been hanging out on your hard drive. You should do that before it turns mephitic."

Last edited:

ericgore

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Hello everyone. It's great to be here. I found my way here by following the link that was posted on QueryShark blog.

annapalooza

Learning about time management
Registered
Reaction score
I was googling for 'query letters that worked' or 'successful query letters' or something along those lines. I found this site, and believe I recognized the url from queryshark?

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
I just kinda googled 'writers forum' and this was the top choice xD it helps my mom was a member here a long time ago, and kinda coached me through the stressful-for-me process of joining a new forum.