Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I might sort out some stuff in my room later, if I listen to my playlist with my speakers.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
oh forgot you have school...

I'm pretty sure every other hockey team and there fans hates the Flyers. Used to be called the Broad Street Bullies for a reason. Everyone hates Philly teams but people from Philly.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had ideas for scenes when doing mundane tasks?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping that will happen when I go through the stages of sorting out my room...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
good luck

my random idea come to me when i drive. Or when like now i'm siting at work not doing anything.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the way I see it, the more scenes I come up with when I'm not writing, the easier the writing will be.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
does anyone know anything about Bows? Like from there own writing research?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Like Bow and arrows. Anyone know anything about Bows. Like how much pressure/strength is needed to shoot an old one. Robin Hood makes it look easy but i know its not, so could a thin girl be able to shoot a bow in reality?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I do not know.

ETA: I might just listen to my playlist and put some stuff away tonight. I have no idea what's going to happen in the next chapter, so if I can prepare for it later, it'll hoprefully be easier to write when I get to that stage.

Last edited:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes Ally, I did know you could see who was online at the bottom of the screen :p

OMG I love the CoLS cover & the prologue... *in love*

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Like Bow and arrows. Anyone know anything about Bows. Like how much pressure/strength is needed to shoot an old one. Robin Hood makes it look easy but i know its not, so could a thin girl be able to shoot a bow in reality?

Depends on the bow and the strength of the girl. Shooting bows is more about arm strength to draw it back, not the size of the shooter.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score

That's feasible. Her bow would not be the size of, say, a longbow, which was as tall as the person wielding it and required a lot of upper body strength, but it would still be useful. If she's grown up using it, she'll have developed the strength (and callouses) to handle it comfortably.

emmawhy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi :)
Just logged back on to my computer, after school :sadface:
Has anyone done anything cool today? x

Nice :D Archery sounds so fun; I've tried it once. Yeah. Umm.. nearly shouting someone with an arrow because you have such bad co-ordination. Not a good move lol
Although I had a great day there haha

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well that's what i'm trying to figure out, i've been trying to do research but i cant understand the bow lingo...

The Girl- Evy is about 105 lbs, with the little food they have been eatting i woulnt say she is very strong.

and i was looking at a recurve bow

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
What's the purpose of the bow? Is it to hunt? If they're starting to starve, they might need less energy-intensive methods like setting traps and fishing. You can't afford to use up energy on hunting with a bow when you're starving.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I did archery once at an activities center on a trip to Wales one year. I loved it. But sadly there isnt really anything like that around here :S

Status
Not open for further replies.