Killing in or near an apartment building without drawing attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
In my latest "Vampire Killer" story, I've got a vampire and another guy that was bitten (he has no hope). I need a way for my two MCs and a secondary character (a police detective) to deal with both of these men and do what needs to be done without drawing the attention of the other people in the building.

I haven't exactly described how this apartment building is laid out. There's been only a mention of MC #1's (Ashley) apartment, the hallway outside, and the lobby.

Right now, the victim is in Ashley's apartment. After it's determined nothing can be done for him, I need Ashley to kill him, and I need Kioko and Sergeant Downs (the detective) to track down the other vampire, so Kioko can kill him.

If the fights/killings occur in the building, how can they be handled so as to not draw attention (neither during the fights themselves nor during the burnings), and how can they bodies be removed afterward?

Otherwise, how can I have the fights moved outside (and to where)? Also, I would need to find an appropriate moment for Ashley to make it clear to the man that he's going to turn, and she's going to have to end his life.

wendymarlowe

writer, mother, geek
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
You could easily say the apartment complex has a laundry room, where they could duck in and hide. Or the dumpster area could be surrounded by bushes/trees, so that gives an outdoor but hidden location. Or there are stairs down to a (locked) basement door, leading to storage, so they could be on the landing and hidden from anyone who didn't happen to be nearly on top of them. Lots of ways you could work it, depending on how you set up the building.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
In my latest "Vampire Killer" story, I've got a vampire and another guy that was bitten (he has no hope). I need a way for my two MCs and a secondary character (a police detective) to deal with both of these men and do what needs to be done without drawing the attention of the other people in the building.

I haven't exactly described how this apartment building is laid out. There's been only a mention of MC #1's (Ashley) apartment, the hallway outside, and the lobby.

Right now, the victim is in Ashley's apartment. After it's determined nothing can be done for him, I need Ashley to kill him, and I need Kioko and Sergeant Downs (the detective) to track down the other vampire, so Kioko can kill him.

If the fights/killings occur in the building, how can they be handled so as to not draw attention (neither during the fights themselves nor during the burnings), and how can they bodies be removed afterward?

Otherwise, how can I have the fights moved outside (and to where)? Also, I would need to find an appropriate moment for Ashley to make it clear to the man that he's going to turn, and she's going to have to end his life.

Where is this building?

There's a difference between an apt. bldg. in Chicago and one in Maine, you know?

Also, uhm, be quiet? Get a Hefty bag?

ironmikezero

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Taser/stun gun the victim; while incapacitated cover the head with a plastic bag cinched snugly at the neck. Restrain/tie arms & legs, then inject 20cc or more of air into an artery. A massive stroke and suffocation will follow. Remove restraints, bag, and any other evidence; stage the body and vacate the scene. Simple, minimum mess, and looks like a natural death. An ME may determine otherwise, but a local coroner - not always...

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ocala, Florida.
Easy. Nobody in Ocala pays attention to what goes on in their buildings. If there aren't multiple gunshots or the building physically going up in flames, they're inside watching stupid vampire shows. :)

As for your story, write in a quick look by the protagonists to see if any neighbors noticed. Which they apparently didn't, or weren't concerned enough about.

Jeff

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Mark, what answers are you expecting here? I think a lot of this is going to depend on what the story needs. After all, it's your universe and you can write it to suit.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
I've decided to have one of the killings happen behind the dumpsters behind the building, and the other happens in the laundry room. Ashley then informs the detective (who's in the laundry room with Kioko) that there's a mess behind the dumpsters, and he's like "I'll handle it." (In addition to being their contact that gives them any possible vampire-related incidents that he comes across, he's also their clean-up guy.)

As for whether anyone would notice or not, it seems a bit convenient that the one person that comes into the laundry room after Kioko kills the vampire is Ashley - and not anyone else in the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.