Dr. Oz had a bad day today before Congress

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
An enlightening analysis:

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...d-american-consumers-n134801?ocid=msnhp&pos=4

Upshot is, as I read it, Dr. Oz is a facilitator. If he does it directly, he's little more than a reprehensible charlatan. If he does it indirectly, he's only slightly less reprehensible. I can't believe a guy as obviously smart as Dr. Mehmet Oz doesn't recognize the cart he's pushing, even if he doesn't have his hands directly on the handles.

Is he violating any laws? Almost certainly not. Does that excuse what he's doing?

Almost certainly not.

caw

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Just my opinion, of course, but the tendency for anti-science conspiracy theories exists on both sides of the political spectrum; but it takes different forms depending on the ideology.

For conservatives, it seems to manifest more in anti-evolution creationism and climate change denial. On the left, it seems to manifest more in anti-vax, anti-GMO, pro-"any pseudoscientific bullshit fad having to do with things like detoxifying."

Again, just my opinion based on what I've seen.

True, though a lot of the folks I know who are anti vax actually aren't coming at it from a "woo woo" granola standpoint, but more of a libertarian "don't force health care down my throat" standpoint, or sometimes a religious freedom standpoint. Not saying the "woo woo" liberal anti science peeps aren't out there, but they're already so despised and marginalized by the American mainstream and both political parties that they're not terribly influential.