The Old Neverending PublishAmerica Thread (Publish America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
reph said:
From the post that started that thread: "At about 10.00 PM Thursday evening HB complained of burning headaches in the top of his head.** He went to the hospital and hit a lot of people and complained for hours."

Will someone with medical knowledge say whether it's plausible that a man with a brain aneurysm would be capable of hitting a lot of people? And, in a hospital, wouldn't somebody restrain him soon after he started hitting?
reph, being a survivor of a brain aneurysm I was just getting ready to address this when I saw your post. I can tell you that this really isn't possible. Anyone that has this happen normally hits the floor and is dead if not in a coma within a short period of time.

NancyMehl

She Who Resonates...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancymehlbooks.com
H.B.

T42 said:
reph, being a survivor of a brain aneurysm I was just getting ready to address this when I saw your post. I can tell you that this really isn't possible. Anyone that has this happen normally hits the floor and is dead if not in a coma within a short period of time.

Supposedly, he worked on his computer in the hospital while they drew blood, etc.

This sounds fishy to me.

Nancy

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
Ann said:
That was my first thought--but surely, they would not be that cruel.

And neither would Melanie Mills.

If its true, I feel bad HB never got to realize his true dream. :cry:

If its not, I think he is an evil manipulative shiite who deserved what he gets when the hoax is exposed. :whip:

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
NancyMehl said:
Supposedly, he worked on his computer in the hospital while they drew blood, etc.

This sounds fishy to me.

Nancy
Yeah right and I look like I'm 20! NOT!

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
I would also like to point out that since we were calling CBM by other names and not giving him his publicity, the timing of his possible death is highly convenient. Look at how many times he has been mentioned here and on the PA boards in the last few hours. :Huh:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
To me, pretending to die is nowhere close to funny. The fact that it was done before is, of course, a red flag. Still...it obviously possible that it is for real this time. But like the boy who cried wolf, the previous cases cannot help but lessen the level of sympathy. Like all, I wish death for no one (well, almost), particulary not for someone I don't even know and, to the best of my knowledge, has really not done anything horribly evil in his/her life.

Wanted to say that before I said this:
Is it not peculiar that tragedy struck about a day after someone's name stopped being mentioned (having been replaced by an appropriate pseudonym)?

Now, the real name is once again all over this thread. I suggest that everyone should stop posting about the event until after Easter (a clever time, by the way, to pick for being reborn. though a wholly inapproriate one). Let it rest...there will be time for sympathy when it is time for sympathy.

Rob

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
Nancy it sounds more then fishy. If he's is making this up then he needs to do some research. It's kind of hard to work on a computer when your in ICU because that is where he would be with NO activity going on around him other then the doctors and nurses.

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
T42 said:
Last year saw the death of 80s pop star Laura Brannigan -- according to the news articles, she "had complained to a friend of a headache for about two weeks before she died, but had not sought medical attention." She died in her sleep on August 29th.

A high school classmate of mine is a survivor of the same condition--I am grateful his was diagnosed in time to save him. It sounds like the sort of thing whose symptoms one often doesn't pay attention to until too late.

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
NicoleJLeBoeuf said:
Last year saw the death of 80s pop star Laura Brannigan -- according to the news articles, she "had complained to a friend of a headache for about two weeks before she died, but had not sought medical attention." She died in her sleep on August 29th.

A high school classmate of mine is a survivor of the same condition--I am grateful his was diagnosed in time to save him. It sounds like the sort of thing whose symptoms one often doesn't pay attention to until too late.
Nicole this is correct. You can have headaches for a week or so but this is called a brain hemorrhage in which you have a slow bleed which cause the headache. I had mine for a week. I then had a full blown aneurysm which is a burst. If he had an aneurysm it is something that would have happened immediately. I am going by what I was told by my neurologist and other people and friends that I have had that died from this since my event in 1987.

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
Did anyone notice that in the last 10 minutes the post made by Hb will not come up? At least it won't bring the page up for me now. It did awhile ago.

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
And the plot thickens.

philwit (PA Message Board) said:
Puzzled by the time discrepancy myself, I contacted Jane (Mrs.
H.B.) to question her about it. This is what she said:

"I apologize for the confusion, 12:38 would actually be PM and
not AM. I goofed on the AM/PM and that would mean he was
gone on Friday. I’m sorry if it meant false hopes and speculation
about this. HB really is gone. I know he was still active at the
computer until around 4 AM that night. He wouldn’t accept
anything from doctors and even became violent at times. He
worked at his laptop while they drew blood and downloaded
music for his daughter, Montana. He thought he would shake it
off until the end.
Same thread: http://www.publishamerica.com/cgi-bin/pamessageboard/data/lounge/8486.htm

No, I don't know why I'm watching this soap opera, either.

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
T42 said:
Did anyone notice that in the last 10 minutes the post made by Hb will not come up? At least it won't bring the page up for me now. It did awhile ago.
Yeah. 404 city.

I should not be surprised at the lows to which PA would stoop, but somehow watching their moderator(s) take action that can reasonably be interpreted as complicity in a despicable hoax... well, it shouldn't have surprised me. I don't know why it did.

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
The PA board cleaners are on full alert tonight.

But if CBM just "needed a rest", all he has to do is wait six months and then repost on the boards. No one on there then will know he who is/was.

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, I have a new favorite theory.

Meiners "killed" him because of what he said to the AP and the Post.

CBM couldn't stand the idea of being rejected and "died".

Yeah, but I'm already in the handbasket.

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
T42 said:
Now I can't get either one. Is it just me?
Maybe. I'm still getting the thread announcing the CBM's aneurysm, but his 6:00 AM post has been well and truly zooked.

I wonder why his posts from last year's April Fools Day, describing how gleefully he faked his death on the boards and in front of his wife, are allowed to stand?

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
Either I'm senile or it still doesn't make since...post from pa...Message:
HB Marcus

3/25/2005
06:00:05

Wait a minute, this is the last time H.B. posted. How is this possible?
</FONT>

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided this is a test. The Stooges are copying all these posts and saving them for a massive "basher rebuttal" page.

See what they did to our prized author? This is what they'll do to you. You're safe here in the land of Poz. We know whats best for you.

ETA Or I could have just given them a really great idea in which case I am copyrighting the idea and I will get my lawyer in New York to sue them if they put it up. They know he exists!

Last edited:

MMo

Registered
Reaction score
T42 said:

I still had the page up in my browser, so I saved it to file before reloading. While at it, I also saved the other thread to file, too.

Hmmm.

Mo

T42

Herb Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p097.ezboard.com
MMo said:
I still had the page up in my browser, so I saved it to file before reloading. While at it, I also saved the other thread to file, too.

Hmmm.

Mo
I was able to get back in on the link that Nicole just gave but the one is gone....I'm glad you saved them

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
NicoleJLeBoeuf said:
Originally Posted by philwit (PA Message Board)
"I apologize for the confusion, 12:38 would actually be PM and
not AM. I goofed on the AM/PM"
If that's the explanation, why does the original post say "He died at 12:38 AM...this morning"? "This noon" or "this afternoon" would be the natural phrase.

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
I have to say that the story of his demise sounds completely ridiculous..I mean he downloaded music for his daughter while dying..and the doctor was where at his house? Or he had his laptop in a hospital room? Come on - sounds insane. Not that he isn't - but this story sounds too zany to be the truth.

Either way I'm not going to continue talking about a possibly dead person. Too creepy!

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
I'm snapping the thread every fifteen minutes. It will go poof of that I am pretty sure.

Even they're starting to suspect:

This is the second or third time since I signed with PA that I have seen H.B.'s "death" reported in here. Nuff said, I think. Show me the body... or give us the imposter who is posting in here while HB was supposedly in the hospital dying this morning.

somebody posted that he died last year as an April Fools joke.
I want proof!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB if this is a joke then you are crying wolf and who will be there for your family when it actually happen. We will all love to support you in your death, especially for your family, but how can we if we cannot trust you.

This happened last year around the same time. I am there for Jane and Monster if it is true, but I don't know who or what to trust right now!

I think I'll wait for an official announcement from info center and the obit column before I speculate further. For his families sake,I do hope it is a joke.

When even your "family" is questioning your moves, it might be time to "move on".

Status
Not open for further replies.