The Daily Words Pledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote another 2400 words yesterday, in a revision that I posted to another site for critique.

I haven't written anything yet today, if only because I never do until my fingers and brain are appropriately awake. As I've only one cup of coffee, I am, needless to say, not sure of myself right now.

NCRomanceWriter

Registered
Reaction score
OK, I'll play. I pledge to write 250 words per day/1250 per week. That way when I am busier more days than others I can still stay on track.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So far, I've done nothing today except work. Sigh. I just keep putting out fires and new ones spring up. Soon I'm off for two weeks. I'm holding myself to 25K for the two weeks. It'll be like a mini-NaNo and hopefully finish my novel.

smiley10000

What do we do? We write...
Registered
Reaction score
YAY! Finished my short. It is 4,500 words. The top limit for the market I wrote it for is 5,000 so I think I want to try and get it down to 4k on Sunday.

I'm so glad to see everyone signing in overhear. Keep those pledges coming! I have chocolate cheesecake for your enjoyment today:
33.jpg
By the way, Ian, just for you it has coffee in it too!

CavGuy --> Good work! Keep writing those words to be proud of! I gave KitKat jewelry but I don't know what guys like... Are you into sports or geek stuff? Well, pick your ball and enjoy:
sportsballsmed.gif

J.S. Greer --> Great pledge! We'll be watching you so keep us updated on how you do.

Jadezuki and Ian and Soccermom --> If you fall off that bike, get more coffee and get right back on it... :e2bike2: You can do it. Get those fingers on those keyboards (do typewriters have keyboards or are they called something else?...hmmmm)

NCRomanceWriter --> :welcome: to the thread. You've signed in blood so I hope your ready to fufill your pledge. It's better to start with a small goal and work your way up. Eventually we'll all be as good as SomethingCatchy...

KitKat --> I hope your already asleep! I am on my way to bed too!...

Have a great day everyone...
Just Keep Writing. Just Keep Writing...
nemo-dory.jpg

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Yesterday was a very good day for me. I finally ended up finishing Chapter 17 of my WIP. At 11 pages long it brings me to 3,000 words total yesterday... this includes the vignette I wrote yesterday morning.

That chocolate cheesecake looks mighty good. May I have some?

:D

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Woo hoo, I reached my weekly goal and it's not even Sunday night yet! Does this mean I should increase my weekly goal to 3000 words?

ETA: Oooh, I'd love a sliver of that cheesecake, please!

Last edited:

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I made my goal today...

And that's all I made. I did not work on my WIP today, sadly. However, I did work on my morning Vignette which, using the 250 method, comes to 250 words.

But I did accomplish getting a Christmas tree today, and it even lights up.

Other than that, though, no writing with the exception of the base goal of 250 words.

At least I made the minimum, and that's good.

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
I made my goal yesterday as well. I'm taking the weekend off. Not totally off, but won't commit to a word count. I think I might revise the work I did throughout the week, and maybe even send some of it out.

Have a great weekend everyone!

(Oh, and the cake was delicious. Mmmm.)

smiley10000

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad you all enjoyed the cake! :e2cheer: Keep on writing, ya'll are doing great! :e2cheer:

I didn't get many new words down today. The weekend is tough. I think I may join all of you on the weekly goals. It may work better for me...

MeowGirl, feel free to increase, but it may be best to try another week and see how you do...

Just keep writing!
I'll see ya'll later...
:Sun:10000

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the cheesecake! (and the sports equipment. I took one of the soccer balls to play with.) I need to sign off and write.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Today was my day off, so I didn't write anything; I mostly slept.

However, this evening I have begun work on the chapter I was supposed to be working on yesterday. I have so far written 1,000 words (translated, that's four pages) of my chapter, and I still have at least 12 pages of the old manuscript to go before I finish it.

I imagine that, since I am putting these words toward my Sunday goal--long story, and I don't really want to go into it here--I should have myself some serious work done by the end of my work day.

NCRomanceWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Wandered in to see if there is any leftover cheesecake - I need a chocolate fix. :) . It looks like I will be a "weekends off" type. There is just too much to do with the holidays and all. I am still playing with idea of getting up early and doing some writing. We shall see.

ModoReese

Bang head here for service
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, checking in... haven't added my sig yet, but we'll say the 500/words a day has been tough..... I have to admit to cutting it short some days and tacking in on the next day. I do know a good chunk of what I'm writing is weaker than I'd like, but I'm making a point of committing to sheer words to get into practice again... soooo painfully out of practice...

I keep telling myself this is what first drafts are for!!

Michelle

Lady Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.com
I find I've been really slacking off since NaNo ended. The motivation just isn't there. So I hereby pledge 500 words of fiction a day. I say fiction specifically so I don't wimp out and count talking on MSN or chatting at work (I do order fulfillment in a chat room).

Once I can afford to stop working so much overtime I think about upping my pledge, but for now 500 words is pretty reasonable for me.

smiley10000

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Lady Cat! Have a mouse:
mainmick2.gif

500 words is a good pledge to start with. I am havign the same issues with NaNo Ending Blues... Give yourself some time and just keep trying to write...
I figure eventually I should be able to really get writing again...

I have been trying. My muse wouldn't let me sleep last night and I found myself writing poetry(!) at 2am...I think it turned out pretty good... I may let it sit a little and try and sub it next week...

Just keep writing guys!
And when you finish your word count for the day, enjoy some of this!
DesertTable-04.jpg

:e2BIC:10000

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Hello, Lady Cat! Glad to see another kitty here! :D

Smiley, that is one heck of a dessert buffet. If that doesn't motivate, nothing will.

Well, I reset my weekly counter to 0 this morning. Here we go again. Good luck with your goals, everyone!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So far at 1400 for todays count. I reset my weekly goal to zero on Sunday.

Quite a spread there Smiley! Thanks.

Meow: Good luck with todays goal.

Lady cat: Welcome to another NaNoer in exile. :D

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
I'll pledge 12,000 words a week. Not going to do daily, since every now and then I have a day I am just not in the mood to write. It's Monday, so I think I'll get started right now. :)

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Today I wrote ten pages of my manuscript, making for roughly 2,500 words. I did not, however, write my morning vignette.

Still, 2,500 words in a day, compared to my daily goal of 250 words, is pretty decent work. I'm glad I was able to accomplish this.

Is there any dessert left, or did you people eat it all already?

crazynance

~call me Mrs Writer ~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
crazynance.livejournal.com
okay, I'm pledging: 250 words per day. This counts outline! Since I have to build up the sequel characters so they can stand alone.

It's going to be tough sledding with Christmas coming, parties and sulking and whatnot... what? Am I the only Christmas sulker? It's more that I get too compressed around a lot of people, and then I need my alone time. With a laptop, hehehe.. That's about 2 good paragraphs, right? Doable.

Lady Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.com
Oh, I like this CrazyNance. You keep me talking all night on MSN so I fall short of my word count pledge, then you pledge a measely 250 words!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Not only that, you spent half the time bouncing ideas off me!! Argh! No MSN tonight until I make my word count!

I have definitely got to find more books for you to read! **Lady Cat vows to search out "must reads" from her book shelves when she gets home tonight**

smiley10000

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Hope. A brave pledge! 12,000 words in a week. Get to it. We want to see how you do!

:welcome:crazynance. 250 is a good start whatever gets you infornt of the computer/typewrite/paper is something to be proud of. Get those words out and no throwin LadyCat off track ;).

Here, prizes for everyone that gets their words down today...
presents.jpg

Just Keep Writing...
:TheWave:10000

Status
Not open for further replies.