Oh No!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich

How do I edit that box where it says ............ has no public affiliations--or something like that?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Permit me to add a tad on this. Being the hasty fellow that I am at times, I find is very satisfying to get a FAST reply to a difficult question. I might be stuck in a mental "vapor lock" on an issue, or right in the middle of my script grappling over a grammar issue, or need moral support from a just arrived rejection slip, or any manner of other follies. I view AW as a hospital of sorts--there are kindly doctors who arrive on the scene with instant meds or bandaids (these people intinctively smell fear or trouble or inquiries on the board and arrive via EV in a hurry) Those persons (my personals, yes, I'll name names) are:

Mac
Chunky
Eraser (Frank)
Maestro
Betty

There are more, but these people are fast on the draw with dead-on and sound advice, always.

Reph and Preyer are great "Idea people" with limitless imaginations.

Nate is a board cheerleader and starts up the damndest threads I've seen, but he's positive and inquisitive, and can keep the most mudane thread going on into the "high gold star replies."

I think we all have our reasons for favorite rep people. Anyone who does a lot of research on my account (without being asked) and runs attachments, referals and longish replies, usaully raises my eyebrow and makes me feel indebted in someway.

As far as negatives, I'll never send one out, since I'll likely be beaten to the punch with a more volatile temper. I'm too slow to anger. I might go after someone real quick if they were spreading hate crimes against race, religion or creed. But never hit the "triangle of death" just to disagree or get a reaction from sadistic glee.

Triceratops

P.S. Zaz can shut the whole community down with just one precisely delivered barb, at just the right moment! Impecable comedy timing.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
gosh....thanks, Tri! :eek: What a nice thing to say.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
[Little does Tri know, those people are part of a plan set out to rule the universe... one unsuspecting earthling at a time]

Gee, I'm honored to be mentioned with these great people I hardly know. :eek:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
By Grabthar's hammer, by the sons of Worvan, you shall be avenged.

Never give up, never surrender.

What a great movie.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Tri

Golly gee whiz, Tri, it was nice of you to mention some of us helpers.

[Weeping] I'd also like to thank the Academy . . .

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tri, thanks!!

(I knew I should have worked on that acceptance speech earlier...)
:thankyou: I'd like to thank all the little people out there who put me where I am.

Oh, wait, where am I?

Never mind... :gone:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Frank, he charged me ten...

You only hadda give him FIVE?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Well, I run away for three hours and come back to see that I've been busted!

A few of you are on the easy payment plan but I've decided to jack the interest up. You're gonna scare the newbies away if you reveal my dollar amounts.

Pandering and Personal Advertisement (for display) don't come cheap guys and dolls (as he shifts his fanny on a stack of cash).

Well, gotta go. There's a little obscure room deep in AW's guts where fresh meat is willing to cough up five bucks per rep point. I've already sacked a few.
And you'll never find the thread...bwahhhahahahhaah.

Tri

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
triceretops said:
As far as negatives, I'll never send one out, since I'll likely be beaten to the punch with a more volatile temper. I'm too slow to anger. I might go after someone real quick if they were spreading hate crimes against race, religion or creed. But never hit the "triangle of death" just to disagree or get a reaction from sadistic glee.

I have seldom seen anything worth a negative even if I were quick to hit the button.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
I've posted elsewhere, in fact, was it at the beginning of this thread, that I'm a compulsive positive-reinforcer. I love being able to acknowledge the wonderful things folks do for each other around here. Although the term "rep points" is a little suspect, I still value the function. You don't always want to add another "Gee Thanks!" post to a thread...or sometimes you want to do both.

BUT. The only rule on this board, that I've ever seen, is respect each other. If someone is calling names to a poster they disagree with or personally attacking someone, I'm glad to have the option of letting them know that their approach is not furthering their argument, without cluttering up the thread with a lot of bickering about who's calling who names and who deserved it and blah blah blah.

I didn't expect to ever have to put my theoretical philosphy about negative rep points into effect, but it turns out, I have. I wasn't angry, or vengeful, and I didn't even disagree with the poster's point. I didn't appreciate that they'd lowered the level of discourse and I responded to that.

But that's just me.

-paprikapink

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen posts I thought deserved negative points. I didn't give any, because the recipients could so easily bite me back with subtractions of their own. A fair-minded person wouldn't retaliate that way, but fair-minded people wouldn't have put up those posts.

ZaZ

Banned
Reaction score
Website
thebobshow.buzznet.com
A) Who cares? And B) Like it Matters

I've got one that deserves a negative but I just don't feel like finding the precise phrase to properly belittle those who add their post counts from the old board to their signature.

Bwa-hah!

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Well, ZaZ, I'll say in my own defense that I felt uprooted when the crowd thinned out at the ObsoleteWrite board and I had to toddle over here with thumb in mouth and one corner of blankie trailing on ground. I wanted to bring something with me.

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
renee, although i wasn't much beyond newbie on the old board, i know how you feel. I always feel the same way when i first join a board. one good thing about re-registering here is i could thin out the number of Stephanies in the member section by using a screen name instead. when i first joined the other one, i had no idea how many there were around.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Birol said:
Paprik, if you find a way to doublecheck how you've distributed the rep points, please post it here, because that's something I've been wondering about and looking for myself. Not about the neg points, but sometimes I mean to reward someone and don't know if I have or not.

Has anyone figured out how to see a list of the people you have distributed rep points to?

Lisa Y

Picked last in gym
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already but why do some people have 1 green square and others have 2? Is this due to how many rep points they get?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
possibly the green squares come in blocks of 100 for each square. The rep points graduate up scale that have different names, so they change over time as you accumulate the points. You might have to keep a hard list of who you've awarded points to because I haven't found a way to keep track.

Tri

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
triceretops said:
You might have to keep a hard list of who you've awarded points to because I haven't found a way to keep track.

Tri
Horrors!

Status
Not open for further replies.