The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for Justme!

Lwalker, don't stress! It doesn't sound like any response from the editor was required, was it? Your task now is to revise well and then email -- and not before! Sit on your fingers if you have to.

Brandy

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet
Registered
Reaction score
Random question: If there were in existence a type of rubber bracelet that said "WWJJDD?" (What Would Jesse James Dawson Do?), would anyone want such a thing?
Absolutely.

Hi guys! I wanted to pop in and tell you all that I've signed with F1nePr1nt. Yay! I'm so excited.

Yay!!! I love that agency! Congrats!

phoenix

rising from the ashes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmichalski.com
I went to fencing class today and wound up getting whumped upside the head by this teenager, which is basically the fencing way of saying 'and yo mama.' And then I went to a weight class. And now I cannot lift my arms over my head without crying. My husband is amused.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((Phoenix))) you are a warrior princess and don't forget it.

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My cat-muse has been perched next to me for the past few hours. It's actually worked out quite well so far. Although the purring is threatening to send me off to sleep with it being so early.

Big grats on the news justme!

And hugs to all the purgies who need one!

With regards to chapter maps/diagrams ect. I don't really tend to use any of them. I write my plot outline, and have notes on characters and places. Most of the time I just write and see where it takes me. Whether this is a good thing to do or not remains to be seen...

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for Justme!

Lwalker, don't stress! It doesn't sound like any response from the editor was required, was it? Your task now is to revise well and then email -- and not before! Sit on your fingers if you have to.

Well, she did tell me to feel free to ask questions, and there was one in the first email I sent her. I'm just afraid I gushed and blathered too much ( plus I spelled her name wrong). The question is sort of moot in light of the plot epiphany I had last night, so I'm going to go ahead with the revision and send it back. The worst she can do is say no, which I'm almost expecting, anyway.

Thanks, y'all, for listening to me whine. I'm done. What's done is done, I can't take the emails back, so I'm going to just do what I need to do and leave it alone.

Damned cold. I wish I was sleeping.

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Just a flyby but YAY JUSTME!!!!

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Shawarma!

*Avengers shout-out*

Got back a few minutes ago. OMG, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Awesome frickin' movie. Can't wait for the next one. Man, that was fun.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Justme!!!

(((Phoenix))) Must admit, I love being that sore. Let's me know I did something. ;)

Agent freaked me out by responding to my revision outline after midnight last night, something she never does. Then further freaked me out by telling me she's working on revision notes to my adult UF, too. I thought we'd moved on from that one, but I guess not. Eep!

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Ink, she responded with notes, or "will respond later"? Either way, both are promising!

I want to go to the movies. Not today.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I got a surprise bonus from a happy client today. I like it. :tongue

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Kellion, she responded to say she got my outline, and will get back to me soon. And she also asked for more stuff about my UF, which she's been working on, unknown to me.

Para, yay!!

You guys are really making me want to go to the movies, but I already saw THG and I refuse to go again.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Yeah, Avengers was a ton of fun. Got to love Whedon movies with all their snark and punching. :)

Ink, that sounds like great news! Fingers crossed for great and enthusiastic feedback!

Yay for Lily's back to normal eyes. I hate getting mine dilated and being unable to read/write properly.

Last full day in Galway. Tomorrow we shall pack and get back into Dublin and then London. Cue: quiet house and lots of typing going on here. ;)

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
I've been furiously rewriting in my bedroom since 9am. I should probably venture downstairs to prove I'm alive to Para and Dys. :tongue

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! It was a pleasant surprise. :tongue Paypal dragged me kicking and screaming into a Premier account, which means they're now eating more of my money, so I think I need to put my fees up.

Status
Not open for further replies.