Just for fun, Carpet maker sues cosplayers.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
The maker of the eye-watering hotel carpets may have objected to the cosplay (although I think dressing in psychedelic hotel rug camouflage is an awesome idea), but it does not seem to have actually sued until the cosplayers marketed for sale a fabric print copied from their rug designs -- which is a clear and blatant copyright violation.

In other words, the title of this thread should be "Just for stealing and selling copyrighted designs they had no right to, carpet maker sues cosplayers."

EDiT: BTW, I cannot believe the fabric seller tried the old "No one ever complained before" line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
The maker of the eye-watering hotel carpets may have objected to the cosplay (although I think dressing in psychedelic hotel rug camouflage is an awesome idea), but it does not seem to have actually sued until the cosplayers marketed for sale a fabric print copied from their rug designs -- which is a clear and blatant copyright violation.

In other words, the title of this thread should be "Just for stealing and selling copyrighted designs they had no right to, carpet maker sues cosplayers."

EDiT: BTW, I cannot believe the fabric seller tried the old "No one ever complained before" line.

Yeah, I have to agree with this, even though I think the carpet cosplay was pretty cool.