• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

jessicab_87

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaburkhart.com
I'm going to jump in on this one. I have a full (requested) in the hands of an agent at Trident. I'm hopeful but trying not to get too excited. I did have to sign a release. Good luck, everyone!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
BJ Bourg said:
Alexandra Bowe was the name of the assistant to Kimberly Whalen who corresponded with me.

bjb

oh holy crap. my champion may have left the building. guess it's time for a formal status request.

thank you so much for posting this info!

nygirl

Registered
Reaction score
BJ Bourg said:
Alexandra Bowe was the name of the assistant to Kimberly Whalen who corresponded with me.

bjb

With me too--she requested my manuscript in November and I haven't heard from her or Whalen since then.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
still no word here, either. i'd email for an update, but frankly i'm going after another agent who invited me to do some revisions and resubmit. i might email at the 1 yr anniversary mark if i don't have other representation before then.

sigh.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, there was some talk of release forms earlier in this thread, and I was just gonna bring that back up. Jenny Bent requested a partial from me, and she sent me a release form. Thing is, there's this funny clause that basically says, "Even if we steal your work, and a court decides that it is in fact plagerism, you can't get any money from us except for the non-exclusive rights." Does anyone know what this is about? Is this legit?

andracill

Registered
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with the release forms, as far as I know. Many have commented on them, and the consensus is that they're simply to protect the agency and the author -- to off peace of mind, I guess.

I'm still waiting on a full with JB -- sent it end of january, so I know that's not long.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
I emailed KW two days ago to ask if she wanted to see a revised version. Basically, though, after 11 months since the initial query, I'm logging it as a rejection.

:Shrug:

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I never heard back from Scott Miller on my last novel. Since it's been over a year, I figured it was OK to submit a new novel to a new agent. I have a few questions about their release form, though. Anyone who's had to fill it out, would you help me?

1. Where it says, "I am submitting to you herewith the following described material, ideas or creative work (hereinafter to as 'said material'):" am I supposed to write the title of the book and then something like, chapters 1-3? Or pages 1-30? Or what?

2. The literary assistant who contacted me asked if I would send the requested material by e-mail, but this form by regular mail. Should I just assume they know what they're doing over at Trident Media, and will know that the form and the pages are both mine (as my address would be on them, and all)? Or should I attatch a brief "cover letter" type thing with the form saying, "Hey, it's Maddy. Here's the form. I emailed you the pages. Enjoy," or whatever.

*Takes deep breath* I will try to calm down here. If anyone who's been through this could give me some advice, though, I'd be extremely grateful. My dad, who's never had to fill out any sort of form like this, was completely at a loss as to what to do. :(

~ Maddy, completely incompetent on her own

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
I emailed my full to a Trident agent's assistant, filled out the release form (and I'd use the novel's title even if it's a partial), and sent it to the agent with ATTN: Assistant's Name on the envelope. I also put "release form enclosed" on the envelope so that it didn't end up in the slush pile.

I wouldn't worry about it; if the release form arrives within a day or two of the emailed MS, I'm sure they'll match it up fine.

Trust me, I could teach a Master's level course in the Art of Worrying About All Things Agent-Related, and even I didn't sweat this one.

andracill

Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't asked for a form this time, but this summer, I scanned it and e-mailed it along with my partial. And I just used the title of the book.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
I emailed KW two days ago to ask if she wanted to see a revised version. Basically, though, after 11 months since the initial query, I'm logging it as a rejection.

:Shrug:

Oops, well, I guess it's not a rejection yet. I was invited to submit my revised version today. It's weird, because I totally had written it off and didn't expect to hear anything more. I was emotionally distanced from the whole situation. I just hope it's not another 11 months before she has a chance to read it!

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Jenny Bent (not her assistant) requested a full, so that was pretty exciting! I didn't have to sign a release form, though.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, well I just received an email from Jenny's assistant, and after reading the first three chapters, Jenny wants the full! I'm pretty excited*, as this has never happened to me before. Even if Jenny doesn't offer representation, I'm so happy she even liked the beginning... it gives me hope! Anyone else hear back from her? My fingers are crossed for you!

* Okay, this is the understatement of the century. I screamed and danced around my bedroom and clapped my hands and did a little jig and ran outside to find everyone and let them know. :snoopy:

andracill

Registered
Reaction score
That's very exciting :) She's had a full of mine since the end of January...join the waiting club!

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the support, guys! The full is in the mail. Anyway, I was just looking on Jenny's webpage and everything, and has she come out with anything recently? Like, under "Coming Soon," all the projects seemed to be dated 2005 or earlier. I've looked in several places, but haven't really heard any news about her within this past year. I mean, she's obviously still agenting as she's been requesting material and everything, but does anyone have any news about her?

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
I just sent a full to her. I just realized something, should I have been addressing my emails to her as Ms. Eisner Henkin or as Ms. Henkin?

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Well, Jenny Bent rejected my full after probably about a month or so. It was a personal rejection. On the 26th, I queried their new agent, Alyssa Eisner Henkin, and today she requested the full manuscript, saying my idea sounded innovative and exciting. She said I'd have to sign a release form, but I think she forgot to attach it to my email.

Anyway, in future emails to her, should I address her as Ms. Henkin or Ms. Eisner Henkin? I've been doing the former, but now I'm not so sure.