• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

M&M Beta Reads and Proofreading

mommaareaux

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this company? I am with Black Rose Writing and they do not edit, so for my second novel I am looking for an editor. They seem honest and have great prices. Can anyone help?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Can you provide a link? I can't bring them up on Google.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant a link to M&M Beta Reads and Proofreading. I did find a Facebook page for them, but no details are given. I assume they would have mentioned relevant experience or qualifications if they had any, so their silence on that point is a bad sign. Setting low prices is only a bonus if they're actually good at their work.

TuckerMcCallahan

Insufferable Know-It-All
Registered
Reaction score
As a pro freelance editor, I'd chime in there are worlds of difference between beta readers, proofreaders, and the various kinds of editors (content, copy, line). Depending on your editing and rewriting skills, you may need more or less service. If your publisher doesn't provide editing, perhaps they have an authors' forum or board where you could ask for suggestions about what their other authors do?

PM me if you have specific editing questions. I'm happy to answer them.

Be Well ~
Tux

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
(snip)I am with Black Rose Writing and they do not edit, so for my second novel I am looking for an editor. (snip)

Against my better judgement (because Filigree's Rule), I am going to ask one thing: why would anyone work with a 'publisher' who does not edit? That's one of the publisher's JOBS.