the words in my head, they hurt

2old2pb

This Is Serious Mum!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am experiencing technical difficulties with these infernal words. I tried a drill but that went horribly wrong, thank the maker the cord pulled out of the wall. I tried a vice but vertigo and some red liquid made grip impossible. I made a loop of Bear McCreary's version of "All Along the Watchtower" and that drowned "them" out. This can't be a permanent solution since I can't walk around with headphones on all day. Not in a war zone. That's just dangerous and insane, right?

Any help appreciated..........

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
I will just say welcome and good luck! Hope you solve the issue you talk about up there.

Christine

Nickie

Not too old to learn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nickiefleming.com
Words in your head that hurt? Never heard of it, but I suppose the fact that you can tell us about is in something positive (that's how far my knowledge of psychology goes). Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Nickie

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

You might try to put a song in your head......

It's a small world after all.....It's a small world after alllll.....It's a small world after all. It's a small, small world.

Hope that helps......

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and :welcome:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am experiencing technical difficulties with these infernal words. I tried a drill but that went horribly wrong, thank the maker the cord pulled out of the wall. I tried a vice but vertigo and some red liquid made grip impossible. I made a loop of Bear McCreary's version of "All Along the Watchtower" and that drowned "them" out. This can't be a permanent solution since I can't walk around with headphones on all day. Not in a war zone. That's just dangerous and insane, right?

Hi, 2old2pb,

I think you got the right idea, all these words are piling up in your brain, and you gotta let them out, but the methods you've tried so far appear counterproductive.

At AW, we have methods of letting those words out (which may be less painful than what you've tried, but there are no guarantees), and I understand it's even possible to put them in certain sequences that editors and publishers will actually pay money for, which makes for a real win-win situation.

To make a pun out of an old slogan, you're in the 'write' place!
:welcome:

Clio

In the mind warp pavilion
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Cooler. Hope you find the peace you're looking for and there are many wonderfully skilled therapists here who will help you dig out those words. :Sun:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Welcome to the forums 2old2pb, it's a great place to write, to get those words out of your head and onto paper and in the process you may even make a few quid out of it :) . It's also a great place to chill and relax and have a bit of fun. Enjoy your stay and don't forget that popcorn and cookies go a long way to calm the natives :D .

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, 2old!

2old2pb

This Is Serious Mum!
Registered
Reaction score
To all, thank you for the warm welcome. To those with questions, I like my popcorn with a little bit of movie thrown in and indeed Iraq. And for the record I am not 2old, just 2old2pb. I dispute this so-called fact anyways. To celebrate I will name my Ego "drill". Cookies for everyone!