I.. I... "sighs" I don't know, depressed perhaps

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I cried before going to sleep... I am just feeling despair and anger and I don't know why specifically. It's like, a feeling of impotence and frustration and the feeling I am slowly getting consumed by a feeling of undirected hate and I don't know what I hate...

"sighs" why to bother? Why to delude myself writing? it leads nothing, just to delusion and chimeras of worlds that does not exist outside of my head to poorly copy them on paper just to get it rejected and then, if is God's will, to get it published and got it read it by no one. With that, is better to try to win the lotery that pretending success can be made and finish in some crappy high school teaching literature, a wife that doesn't love me and using saturday nights to write two paragraphs of a never ending delusion...

I think that's why fantasy is so popular now, people just don't want to live in this world, in this reality, never compromise. not even in the face of armaggedon, the darn global village took off our sense of wonder and community. "we" and "then" it's always like that, thousand of voices shouting a million of diferent slogans and marching at the same drum to the abyss where there are no books nor arts nor religions nor ideas. Just a mare magnun of malicious mankind mating and murdering more mankind per secula seculorum, amen.

We are like cockroaches, ain't we? Not the regular kind, but the kafkiesque one living in our small rooms... sorry for speaking for all, I am so sorry! I have been such... such... such a fool, ain't I? Why does this foolish child dares to wear the smarty pants of his father and grandfather and great-grandfather whom where self-made men... I am just a spoiled child with an artistic hobby to not live his own life, since he is socially awkward and people in really life doesn't like him, except his relatives since they are meant to like everyone in the family that is not a complete shame and I haven't made anything that makes me a shame, I don't do anything... just read and write and watch old movies nobody cares about... Kind Hearts and Coronets is a good one, there aren't actors like him today... it's a deprorable world, are you there little blue world?

Could be that I am autistic... once told me that I may be autistic but was refuted by another doctor who told me I was too mature by my age. No way, José! why you write, José? to not feel lonely? are you lonely? am I lonely? can you feel the void?

Why bother?

oh, max.

:Hug2:

I've been in the pits of true despair myself lately. I keep writing, keep hoping SOMEBODY will give a rat's ass about what I have to say someday, but it might well never happen. But I don't have a lot of time left in front of me either, I'm not getting any younger. And I literally have no idea what my life will be like over the next several months, since surviving has become near-impossible.

You're so young, and you've got such a good mind. Don't give up now, for God's sake. Your posts are always so interesting to me, you really add something to things here. I don't know what you like to write but if you wrote non-fiction narrative about how life is in your country I would buy and read it.

Whatever it is that you write, writers can't give up. I still am compelled to do it, and I am damned if I know why. It's just in us.

xoxoxox

p.s. I WOKE UP crying this morning, so, you are not alone my friend. You are NOT alone. We are here.

Awwww, Nerds and Maximiliano, mi amor. I'm not down in the pits, I'm up here, see me? :hi: Take my hand, you guys! I'll pull you out and give you hugs and love you up til you feel better. :Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2:

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
*reaching for Voyager's hand*

thanks kid.

:)

Susan Lanigan

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear this Max. For what it is worth you sound like an intelligent and sensitive man with a lot to give. But it is probably hard for you to see that now.

I hope that soon you can emerge on to the other side.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Thank you all for your support. It's not only the writing... I have also a problem about socializing with other people. It's hard to me to make friends and I usually end up choking them to death or neglecting them.

I watched an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and a bit of Lord of the Rings and it really cheered me up.

I apologize of this inconvinient and that all of you have seen this side of me, I am sorry about that.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Thank you all for your support. It's not only the writing... I have also a problem about socializing with other people. It's hard to me to make friends and I usually end up choking them to death or neglecting them.

I watched an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and a bit of Lord of the Rings and it really cheered me up.

I apologize of this inconvinient and that all of you have seen this side of me, I am sorry about that.
Stop saying sorry :)
You're allowed to vent a little (or a lot, if you're me). If anyone was bothered by it, they just wouldn't read the thread. As for the rest of us, like Frasier Crane, we're listening. ;)

With regards to the friends thing, I often have this problem. So I have few friends, but the ones I do have are the best friends I could imagine. And don't discount this place - e-friends count.

I decided today that I'm not going to be depressed anymore. It's not worth it. Don't know if willpower alone will beat it, but if I go down, I'm going down fighting! :D

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
No more apologies.

In fact, thank you so much for sharing that part of yourself.

I know I don't really know you, but I'm thinking about you. I've had my own depression, and though no two people ever share the same darkness, we are not alone.

Chin up.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com

Holy crap, are we related? ;)

Seriously, what someone else said is true: cyber friends count. Some of us are just better in words than we are in real life. But some of the best friendships in history were carried out via the written word. I think of 84 Charing Cross Road or the Adams-Jefferson letters.

I, too, am really bad in person. Believe it or not I'm married... and even though I live with this person, most of our meaningful conversations occur over IM. :) (Hubby is as socially retarded as I am.)

Part of learning to accept and value yourself is discovering what your strengths are. They may be WEIRD strengths, but they are uniquely your own. Maybe you should take some time to figure out those strengths are. Take some online personality/aptitude tests (lots of free ones) and look at lists of all the famous, successful people who share your talents. Be proud of your weirdness! Embrace it! Don't be afraid to discover who you are. :)

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
. . .It's hard to me to make friends and I usually end up choking them to death or neglecting them.

Just curious, where do you hide the bodies?

JUST KIDDING Max, just kidding.

I hope you've seen that you have many friends here. Real ones. Yes, we're in the computer, but we're breathing and typing right now along with you. We're real. And it's okay for you to be real with us. More than okay.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
You don't have anything to apologize for, so don't worry about it. :) We're all vulnerable in our own ways, and we're all totally weird and awkward in our own ways. I actually have to make mental lists of things I can talk about with people I know, otherwise I'll just stammer and not be able to think of anything to say. I sometimes wonder if I have a slight case of Aspberger's Syndrome myself, or if I'm just really geeky and shy. But I'm trying...

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Good luck to you...and when you figure out the answers, hopefully you'll share them with the rest of us. Becoming an apathetic sociopath (like I have) isn't really the best choice...

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I spoke with this friend I had issues with and she commented that she couldn't say those things of someone she loves as much she loves me.

Tomorrow is a bright new day

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Be proud of your weirdness! Embrace it! Don't be afraid to discover who you are. :)

Oh, I say ol' bean - I like that!

Is that like, 'Yeah, I'm weird. Get over it.' ? Sounds mighty like it. ;)

EriRae

:P
Registered
Reaction score
Max, I was in a bad place too, from October 2007 thru April 2008. Novel going nowhere, work going nowhere, slept all the time, angry all the time I was awake. One thing that snapped me out of it: thinking of how things could be worse. Well, at least I still have shelter, a brain, some health. I'm not dead. I'm not homeless. I'm not a brainless twit. Things will get better.

Until then, we're here for you. :Hug2:

And yes, as I've told you in countless reps, I love your posts. You have a dry wit that cracks me up. It's hard to read something so down--from you.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Be proud of your weirdness! Embrace it! Don't be afraid to discover who you are. :)
Oh, I say ol' bean - I like that!

Is that like, 'Yeah, I'm weird. Get over it.' ? Sounds mighty like it. ;)

I prefer eccentric, thank you very much.

Of course, I also prefer $5 words, too. It's one of my quirks. =)

If I wasn't quirky, I don't think life would be quite as much fun. :D