Status
Not open for further replies.

raelwv

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jdbyrne.net
Figured this might interest some folks:
On Monday, Judge Ricardo M. Urbina of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, sentenced a former senior pharmaceutical executive to write a book.

Earlier this year the executive, Dr. Andrew G. Bodnar, a former senior vice president at Bristol-Myers Squibb, had pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the federal government about the company’s efforts to resolve a patent dispute over the blood thinner Plavix.

The judge sentenced Dr. Bodnar to two years of probation during which he is to write a book about his experience connected to the case. Dr. Bodnar must also pay a $5,000 fine.
Nice to know that doing what so many of us love to do so much can be a punishment for others. Maybe if Kanye gets in trouble with the law the judge will make him read Bodnar's book!

:D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He should send the judge some of our typical questions.

"Should I write a prologue or not?"

"Should I name my chapters?"

"Courier or Times New Roman?"

"Should I do an outline or just wing it?"

;-)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Do you want this in 1st person present tense or past?

How do you feel about flashbacks?

Is it okay if I insert a few chapters of violet-hued lines about the really cute research assistant in my office?

Is this supposed to be non-fiction, sci-fi or straight out fantasy?

Do I get to keep the rights once my sentence is served? (though it's illegal for him to profit off a sentence, I think...)

I got an offer from PublishAmerica...

( he should be good with the no profit, thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.