• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a CP - mainstream/romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

AriBean

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a ~108,000 completed novel that is somewhere between a mainstream and romance. Would love to find a critique partner/group.

I'd be willing to beta anything, but would be best for commercial mainstream, women's fiction (not chick lit), mystery, and/or romance as that is what I tend to read. I would take a stab at literary (love reading it - don't think I can write it). I'm not a big fantasy/sci-fi reader but I would still consider and if it fits, it fits.

What else can I tell you? I'm 30, have a little one, and work in health care. (I can fact check general medical knowledge and more specifically psychology/psychiatry). Wrote this book on mat leave, mostly in the wee hours of the night.

This is a later draft so I'm not looking for line-edits (unless there's an obvious typo) so much as overall comments on plot, authenticity, character-development, inconsistencies. I'm willing to offer whatever you need in return, be it the same requests or more in-depth line-edits.

Please send me a PM or reply to this thread if interested :)

~ AriBean

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.