• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Banda Press / One Flight Fiction

katie Reick

hi

Well, maybe I should investigate more before signing up with banda press...lots of con artists out there.
If anyone knows more about this company please enlighten me?

Thanks

Katie Reick

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Katie, a company or individual doesn't have to be a deliberate scammer in order to really mess you up. Being clueless, even while well intentioned, will do it just as well. Let's say you give this publisher a try, and your book is horribly hacked and furthermore sells about 28 copies total. That's now part of your sales history as an author. With that kind of history, how hard do you think it's going to be to sell your next book to a reputable publisher?

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
In the One Flight Fiction thread, one poster reported that clicking on the "Submissions" link at OFF sent him to the BP site.

katie Reick

good or bad?

Is Banda press a hazard to continue with do you think?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
It's a good rule of thumb for new writers to avoid unproven publishers. So, yes, I'd avoid them for now.

katie Reick

Wow

yes I guess that is something to think about...thanks for the tips :)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
They now have books available on Amazon. The ones I checked were all $9.95, ranging between 54 and 127 pages.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
The books look attractive, but a marketing plan for books intended to be read on airplanes that doesn't ensure their presence in actual airports has a certain flawed quality to it.

- Victoria

Lisamer

Registered
Reaction score
The books look attractive, but a marketing plan for books intended to be read on airplanes that doesn't ensure their presence in actual airports has a certain flawed quality to it.

- Victoria
In the past three years, both my husband and I have been flying quite frequently . We have not seen these books at any airport. Having them at Amazon does not help anyone who just wants a last minute impulse buy. The concepts is great. I've wasted a considerable amount of money buying books at airports. But if they're not there, they can't be bought.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Sites are gone; no books published after 2006. They got some press mid-'07, but it doesn't look like they survived long thereafter.