Hi guys and girls!

Superbacon

Poems about pork products
Registered
Reaction score
Hi!
It's been a while since I've registered with a new forum with the intention of staying for the long run. Forgive me if I'm a bit rusty!

I've been interested in writing for a long time; I must have been about 12 when I hand-wrote my first decent story - a Lord of the Rings fanfiction sequel.

Oh dear.

But I carried on writing and making and creating everything from written stories to video game levels to animations. I started a novel in a January attempt at the previous year's NaNoWriMo, and got the first draft finished just before I started my final year of high school.

Now, a few years later, I want to make a proper effort at writing again, picking up the bits and pieces I've done on this novel since the first draft, and hopefully developing my own voice so that when it does come time to write it properly, I have a good sense of how to say it.

And so here I am!

I've got links to some of my creative work in my signature below, as well as a link to my writing blog, where I'm posting short stories, scraps of writing and the occasional bit of research that I want to share.

I'm impressed with the amount of activity here, and after just a couple of minutes of poking around it seems that everybody here is making a great effort to keep the community friendly, supportive and realistic. I look forward to the future with you all.

What is this a commencement address, wow

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I also used to make up video game levels. I have notebooks full of them.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

For those interested in receiving a critique of your work, there is a 50-post rule. Here's a link to some of the most commonly asked questions in the FAQs. Wondering what those interesting acronyms used around the forum mean? Find out in the Absolute Write Dictionary.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide.

Enjoy your stay. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Sam J Shelley

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, SB! Enjoyed the photos on your site.

BMajor

Probably judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! Also, BACON.

clarairene

Welcome to the inside of my mind
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Superbacon

Poems about pork products
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I had the time to reply to everybody individually, but I don't, so I'll just say this: thanks so much for all the kind words! I'm amazed at how friendly and welcoming everybody is here.