Blue Bird

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm good ;) Not really, but I'm not about to complain about stuff I can't change. Ha. I started a body cleanse this morning, so I'm still trying to take care of myself.

I am back to working on my synopsis. I'm just so lost with how to go about it. You'd think the book would have been the hard part, but no :)

How's your writing going?

Bluegate

Clearly has too much time on hand.
Registered
Reaction score
What is this? Some kind of stalker question?
Body cleanse huh? Yeah, I was gonna take a shower today too. :D
Actually I think the synopsis is just about as evil as the query letter. They don't call it query letter hell for nothing.
I've taken some, i.e. too much, time off from writing. 'Bout time to get back into the game though.

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
Me too. I just keep letting life get in the way. Well, I'm trying to find the thread I started that contained part of my synopsis. I know Jim made some comments I want to review.
Your not still pushing pins are you? Ha.

Bluegate

Registered
Reaction score
Ironic isn't it? Letting life get in the way of writing about life. No pins lately. I really needed to do that though, however silly it may have sounded. ;-) The first half of my life was so insanely chaotic and in such a rapid fire manner that you couldn't keep them straight without cue cards. LOL One thing it did help me see was that there were about a million viable places to start the story and secondly, there were an equal amount of stories that could stand on their own. You know all about that one! Always makes me laugh when I hear the advice "start at the beginning." Ok, in truth it makes me want to smack someone, but that's another story. hehe

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
Ha. I've missed you and that fabulous sense of humor. Just make sure if you smack someone that there aren't any witnesses.

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry you're sick. I'm on day four of a body cleanse and I'm feeling pretty good. I thought I'd be starving to death, but I'm not. Well, I have a friend who did it for a month and claims great results, but I'm shooting for nine days.
I didn't find my synopsis. I don't think I titled the thread well :( I just remember there were some good comments made about structure and I'd like to read them again. I don't think I worked much on it, but would like to refresh my memory. It's sort of sad when this is the only part of my book holding me up. Uugh.
I hope your energy level improves today.
red

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Blue,
I can't believe you found it :) Now this makes me very happy. I spent the last week with my son because my grandson was sick. A week without internet isn't good for a girl like me. I have some serious catching up to do now. It's been a long day, but I'm going to read that thread.

Bluegate

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, anything for you Red! Jim's always got such great information and suggestions. I love just reading his crits to see what he has to say. I always learn something.
I wondered what happened to you. Sorry to hear the little guy was not feeling well. I hope he's doing better now. How big is he now anyway?

Red Bird

Has a routine
Registered
Reaction score
He'll be two in October. It's crazy how fast time moves these days. So, I've decided to send my query to a few agents. Some of them don't require a synopsis for a memoir. My daughter has an agent and she gave me some tips. How cool is that? Anyway, those I selected want the query copied and pasted in the body of an email. I'm not sure what to include in the subject line. So much to learn :)