XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I just spent over a hundred dollars on books. I should be ashamed....

BUT I'M NOT!!!!!!

:snoopy:

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Good morning Cantina Denizens.

Spent part of the afternoon yesterday at the local Barnes and Noble and am now wondering if I should be cooking up a UF story, a multi-book fantasy epic, or continuing with the tales of Kat and Mouse.

Or this idea for a Bay City cyborg SWAT team.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
So, brace yourselves.

The friend person who set me up with the guy who is now in my past got:
-4 phone calls yesterday. She ignored them and doesnt have VM. She previously told the guy her cell was for emergencies only.
-1 longgg email at work (not pro, dude). Friend did not give me any details aside from long, sad, and to painful to mention actual details.
-soon after the email was fired off, he calls Friend at work. Long sad phone convo ensues. He says he thought things were working out, blah blah, and he doesnt know why he cant hold onto a relationship. Yadda yadda.

Yeahhhh.

Dire.

Has anyone told this poor idiot what he's doing wrong, per chance?

Good morning Cantina Denizens.

Spent part of the afternoon yesterday at the local Barnes and Noble and am now wondering if I should be cooking up a UF story, a multi-book fantasy epic, or continuing with the tales of Kat and Mouse.

I like this last one. Sounds exciting.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
So, I have a coworker who is about three months pregnant. Every morning she peppers me with questions about pregnancy, babies, doctors, etc. This is weird as I do not have kids, but somehow she's decided I'm an expert. Maybe because I read a lot.

Her questions are always ones that are obvious to me or would be easily found if she'd read the copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting that I gave her.

Today's, however, takes the cake in REALLY?! questions...

Her: "So, if the doctor tells me I can take my allergy medicine, can I take it?"
Me: "Wait. Repeat that."
Her: "My allergies are bad today. I called my doctor and she said I can take my medicine for it. So, do you think I can take it?"
Me: "Of course. Your doctor told you it's safe."
Her: "Oh, okay."

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I liked this also. Yay for the cyborg SWAT team.
I just spent over a hundred dollars on books. I should be ashamed....

BUT I'M NOT!!!!!!

:snoopy:
That's a lot of money to lay out on books, particularly all at one go.
Wait, have you gone into guilt mode now? Repeat after me "It's an investment. It's an investment."

Yeahhhh.

Dire.
Uber dire.

Today's, however, takes the cake in REALLY?! questions...

More dire.

ION, :gaah people in supermarkets.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TJ, I think hes beyond help. He's older than I am too.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score

I vote this!

Has anyone told this poor idiot what he's doing wrong, per chance?

I did wonder that... But then it's that confrontation thing, isn't it. People don't like feeling like they're being mean to people. Boo. Then again, I've tried it and darned if he didn't take it as 'I really fancy you. Let's change you to suit me better.' Denser than an igneous rock...

Also, yay for lots of book-buying! I'm not allowed any more for several months, though, I've decided. Not just because I'm broke, either! I looked this past week and I have about 25 physical books to read. That doesn't count the audios or the ebooks, either. I usually manage to keep fairly on top of things in the TBR pile department!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Speaking of babies....

Isn't Kricket supposed to be induced today if bitty Kricket hasn't shown?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
KITTY: "Hi! I'm Kitty, this is Helen and Alex, and we're going to be your bloodthirsty pirates for the day!

HELEN: Not bloodthirsty.

KITTY: What?

HELEN: We're not bloodthirsty

KITTY: Why not? “Hi, I'm Kitty and I'm going to be your polite and considerate pirate for the day” doesn't have the same ring to it.

HELEN: Humor me.

KITTY: Fine! Listen up! Policy change! We're no longer bloodthirsty pirates. We're enlightened pirates who are concerned about the environment and the rights of our fellow man. In the interest of not inflicting too much stress on you, the designated victims, we ask that you please keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times, give us everything we ask for, and no one will get hurt."

Thoughts? Too silly?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Test complete.

And that's the sound of my brain dumping all requisit knowledge.

To the Wine-Cave, Robin!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Thoughts? Too silly?

Are you just dealing with humans? As then you might want to change it to 'fellow beings'. Too silly? I honestly don't think that there's such a thing as too silly. Oh, and if Kitty is female, would she say 'fellow man' or is that part of the joke?

Health and safety concious pirates is just what literature needs right now, so write on please.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
This is weird as I do not have kids, but somehow she's decided I'm an expert. Maybe because I read a lot.

She's not looking for an expert. She's looking for a replacement brain probably - just my opinion - because her's isn't up to par.

Speaking of babies....

Isn't Kricket supposed to be induced today if bitty Kricket hasn't shown?

I think so. God, what a way to start a Monday. *shudders* But I'm sure it'll be fine for her. :)

Test complete.

And that's the sound of my brain dumping all requisit knowledge.

To the Wine-Cave, Robin!

Huzzah! Now that's how you start a Monday!

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Before I go and start formally asking on the Beta forum, are there any people here that do contemporary/urban fantasy-ish beta reads? I think I've got my first draft about as ready as it's going to get and I'm going to be dropping the first chapter off in SYW soon for people to take a gander at it. Although I should say it's probably closer to Clive Barker/Neil Gaiman than it is to Jim Butcher/Laurell K. Hamilton.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Are you just dealing with humans? As then you might want to change it to 'fellow beings'. Too silly? I honestly don't think that there's such a thing as too silly. Oh, and if Kitty is female, would she say 'fellow man' or is that part of the joke?

Health and safety conscious pirates is just what literature needs right now, so write on please.

Only humans in the story. Designing an alien makes me tired just to think about. I don't want to work that hard on what is essentially a pretty silly story.

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com
Before I go and start formally asking on the Beta forum, are there any people here that do contemporary/urban fantasy-ish beta reads? I think I've got my first draft about as ready as it's going to get and I'm going to be dropping the first chapter off in SYW soon for people to take a gander at it. Although I should say it's probably closer to Clive Barker/Neil Gaiman than it is to Jim Butcher/Laurell K. Hamilton.

Jim Butcher and Laurell K. Hamilton are nothing alike. Neither are Clive Barker and Neil Gaiman...

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Jim Butcher and Laurell K. Hamilton are nothing alike. Neither are Clive Barker and Neil Gaiman...

I meant more in terms of chronological feel. Clive Barker and Neil Gaiman belong to an older school of fantasy writing that had elements of horror in it and were more focused on how weird and messed up the world was, usually in 3rd person. Laurell K. Hamilton and Jim Butcher are more fast paced, action-y, first person stories that also focus somewhat on investigative methodology.

Status
Not open for further replies.