Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I doubt even a nuke would put this one off her stride - even the planet splitting into chunks and floating off into space would only pique her curiosity for a moment before the anarchy resumes... She has, for better or worse, discovered the large B&W Bernie Wrightson prints I ordered, and is currently sitting looking at them (no touching, as I made that a stipulation). I may be in for some nightmare-induced awake time with her tonight.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Just the jalapeno kind. :D

I'm watching Love Actually right now.
ABBY, HOW OFTEN DO YOU WATCH THAT MOVIE? :roll:

She has, for better or worse, discovered the large B&W Bernie Wrightson prints I ordered, and is currently sitting looking at them (no touching, as I made that a stipulation). I may be in for some nightmare-induced awake time with her tonight.
:Jaw:Um, yeah. You think? :rolleyes: You are asking for it now, BW. Sheesh!

It'd be nightmare city here, for sure, if I did that.

I have so much that I'm saving. So many things that I can't wait to show the little ones. When they are older. Much older.

I value the precious sleep I do get. I'm not about to disrupt it more than it's already disrupted. :tongue

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Touche.

So, puppy has decided that the corners on our furniture are much to dangerous for us. He has kindly rounded them all.

With his teeth. :mad:

Oh noes! Naughty puppy! Try rubbing lemons on them (wood) or putting lotion on them. Dogs don't like the taste of that and won't chew.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Lotion? Really? That's a great idea!

I have a TON of unused lotion. I keep getting different kinds and deciding I don't like the smell. Or it makes my skin feel weird. (I'm picky and sensitive.)

Yet I can't throw it away because that'd be wasteful. :rolleyes:

Now I *finally* have a use for it. :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
:Jaw:Um, yeah. You think? :rolleyes: You are asking for it now, BW. Sheesh!

I got away with it - not only did she go to sleep when I asked her (ten pm, which is probably too late for her, really) but she is still asleep. :D

Guilty pleasures are sure fun.

*turns on Kesha*

There should be things I like but don't tell people I like, but... Not really. I don't see the point of hiding the fact I like certain films, or shows, or books, just because they aren't deemed to be cool by whatever secret committee decides such things.

It is a good movie, but I can only watch it about once a year. Always, with Richard Dreyfuss, is good too.

It has been years since I saw that - the Laserdisc was completely ridiculous, so hopefully the problems have been solved for the DVD release.

Exactly! I saw it on Pinterest. :D There are soooo many good tips on there!

You should read Viz for the letter column - lots of handy tips in there... :D

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I got away with it - not only did she go to sleep when I asked her (ten pm, which is probably too late for her, really) but she is still asleep. :D
Oooh, you are a lucky thing. But you're not out of the woods yet. It could come back to bite you later.

Or...she needs a really strange kind of "lullaby and goodnight" routine. :Shrug: In which case I suggest Marilyn Manson as a complementary option. :eek:

There should be things I like but don't tell people I like, but... Not really. I don't see the point of hiding the fact I like certain films, or shows, or books, just because they aren't deemed to be cool by whatever secret committee decides such things.
But a guilty pleasure is just something that you feel guilt about. It doesn't have to be because you think it's uncool.

I generally define guilty pleasures one of two ways: Either it goes against my regular moral code (as defined by me, not the masses) to participate in it/support it/perpetuate it, yet I am drawn to it nonetheless. -OR- something (a time suck thing usually) that takes me away from the things I know I *should* be doing, but am avoiding.

Jeez, if I had to factor in paranoia over what was deemed cool or not, I'd be a mess. :tongue

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Walking into talk about lotion, scarring children and puppies chewing on corners of things.

... seems fairly routine from what I remember. :D

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Walking into talk about lotion, scarring children and puppies, chewing on corners of things.

... seems fairly routine from what I remember. :D
Just for fun, I put an extra comma in there. Changed things a little, but still entertaining. :popcorn:

:hi: Welcome back, Shuemais.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
*strikes a pose*

Now where's mah money, dog?
I'm terribly sorry, but the contractual payment calls for one (1) free download of any pictures published on teh Interwebs. All the monies is myne. All myne. Bwahahaha.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Status
Not open for further replies.