EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
KM.

It's not as hard as it seems. I have about the worst case of insomnia anyway, so I'm up all night and all day. I might take a nap for two hours or so while the kids are at school, but usually not. The meds the doctor gave me to help knock me out for fifteen hours, so yeah. I don't take them. I have all the time in the world to write.

But, most people need sleep. This is my personal work schedule. I'm not sure about your kids and husband or what their schedules are, so adjust times accordingly, of course. (If you were to choose to work this way. Some people just go for it. Whatever works for you.) When I am able to sleep the night through for a couple of weeks, I start at 7 with edits (simple grammar stuff) and rereads of what I wrote the day before. At about 8:30 or so, I write for a while, till around 10. I do my housework from 11 till 1 and research in the afternoons while the kids are at tutoring and finishing homework. Then, after my evening family stuff is done, I do other work, like market research and stuff. If it's a night I can't sleep, I write extra or do more research on markets. And at some point during the week, I update my blog.

Now, I don't know when I'll be able to fit in querying and such, but I'll get there... maybe.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
EF... :e2thud:

Alas, I need sleep. I'm one of those people who can fall asleep on about 10 mins anywhere. 2 teenage boys + FT job with constant OT + the usual wife/cook/cleaning stuff = one whipped Lily. But I kid you not: when it gets nasty, my unfiling remedy is to remind myself: It could be worse. I could still be in the convent.

And people sometimes ask me why I write religious horror. :roll:

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
But, most people need sleep.

Alas, I need sleep.

I too need sleep, however I'm good with 4 to 5 hours...

Your schedule sounds like a great idea and I'm trying to get back to that...I wrote one down yesterday and I'm following it pretty closely today. It's almost time for me to leave my computer and go do other work So I'll see...:)

I used to be able to do the scheduling thing so easily...it was before I started writing...I just have to get back on track...get into a habit and go...

What's the matter with you people. Do none of you do Happy Hour?

Happy hour costs money haggis!

And I have no reliable baby sitter.

Thanks all for the comments! I'm gonna go clean!
(doesn't sound as exciting as I thought would. even with the exclamation point)

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's the matter with you people. Do none of you do Happy Hour? :Shrug:

Would that be the time when I spike my coffee as I cooking dinner for the household of six I currently reside in, or the extra glass of wine I sometimes imbibe after dinner when the kids have run off to play before bedtime? :e2drunk:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Would that be the time when I spike my coffee as I cooking dinner for the household of six I currently reside in, or the extra glass of wine I sometimes imbibe after dinner when the kids have run off to play before bedtime? :e2drunk:
Well if it stretches out that long then I believe that would be called happy hours …but nothin wrong with that.

Dirty Vodka Martini anyone? :D

I am up for a party! But EF's mom would have to take my kids too.
I promise they won't bite. (OK, OK, the little one might...):)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Yeah, one of these days I'm going to do something about that avatar - hmmm, a sword skewering the symbol with blood pooling below it might work...

Not a newb, just a low post count. I been here since 2006-2007 or thereabouts (I don;t even know).

The dark is nice, quiet, restful even. One could get used to the dark over here - if it weren;t for the yapping of that little undead doggie, constantly having to evade the sharp talons of that stalking tigress, and all the rest of the crawling chaos that oozes through the corners of reality in this oblong box I seem to have awakened in...

Oh, and by-the-by, Haggis, regarding happy hour I work nights (mostly; and my God there are floors in that tower I work in that can be creepy at 3am) so if the sun's up it's happy hour (I figure the sun's over the yardarm somewhere in the world - hoisting a couple right now as a matter of fact).

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is what happens once people get to know you and the kind of things you write. They never look at you in *quite* the same way again. :D

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Hour? Golly, I gave that up a few months ago after a terrible run-in with a few White Russians.

I look at liquor bottles nowadays and want to heave, just on principle.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
None taken, Greg. Once the warmer weather starts up, I know I'll be back at the margaritas, and then the Coronas, and then, well...eventually it'll lead me back to barfing in the bushes and the cycle will start over once more.

:roll:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
After being stuck for 3 days, I'm finally unstuck.

Got some very helpful advice on the first 3 chapters I had someone read.

*must not edit as I go, must not edit as I go, must not edit as I go - which is tough*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Hour? Golly, I gave that up a few months ago after a terrible run-in with a few White Russians.

Unless you actually *are* Russian (or Irish, or German, or some combination therein) and have the genetics for it, you're generally supposed to stop drinking them *before* you get to that point. :D

But dang, they are tasty concoctions, aren't they? :D

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm three parts German and one part Scotch-Irish.

I demand a refund!!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
my own personal weakness in the winter is a good Irish coffee...

but for summer? a good Tom Collins. It's kinda like lemonade. Only it gets you buzzed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.