photographed items

Status
Not open for further replies.

butterflywilma

Hi i have another (dumb) questions

i have made some black and white photoillustrations of some items i own. It's for my book.
Should i put in the book (at the creditspage for example) who the manufacturers of those items are? I don't (always) know not even where i bought them, those are just household items. Like a comb or a brush.

:nerd

mammamaia

you own the items, you took the photos... the only credit needed is your name as the photographer...

hugs, maia

Ashleen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.AshleenOGaea.com
mammamaia said:
you own the items, you took the photos... the only credit needed is your name as the photographer...

hugs, maia

I agree -- unless the items are Really Special and your readers might appreciate the information. Then you might say something like, "This Mythic Images figure perfectly illustrates ...." or "This Beleek vase conjures visions of ...." Otherwise, no, I wouldn't think you'd need to credit the mfg.

Ashleen

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If they are simple function items this is true. if they are in anyway designed, illustrated or otherwise a creative work it is not. You cannot, for example, include a picture of an ipod or a barbie doll unless the photo is in itself a work of art or satire.

Status
Not open for further replies.