Auxesis April 500 words/day-all genres welcome

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
About 3,000 today, a small portion of that previously handwritten. Mostly new though. :e2woo:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score

mtrenteseau

Mild-mannered accountant by day...
Registered
Reaction score
697 words today, so 1,713 for the month. At 500 words a day I should be at 3,500, but I've been idle for so long that this is a huge improvement.

I wrote half of the denouement for my second book; what's missing is the middle part of the scene where the person who identifies the killer plays an elaborate psychological game to get a confession. I'm looking forward to it, but it's a bit late in the evening to write something like that now.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
1,939 today. But I'm still on the section of story I wanted to be done with. :gaah This is probably why I refused to write it for so long. My subconscious knew it was going to be a marathon. It will end soon though. Oh yes. If I have to blow them all up.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
About 600 of a short mystery / thriller story today, and about 700ish on a blog post about the pagan origins of Czech celebrations around Easter and April for the work blog. Rest of the day spent watching far too much 1970s TV.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Great wordage everyone!

Not a lot to report, sad to say. I'm working on a tough scene and it is 95% dialog. I only knocked out a meager 235 words today. Kelli is being stubborn again, as usual, and keeping a lot of what she really wants to say to herself. I had to run down to my local pub to have a couple and ended up having more than that. Did you know that Guiness has come out with Guiness Black Ale? I didn't until tonight. Anyway, I would take Kelli out for a few if she was still drinking. It might loosen her tongue. :D

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Great wordage, everyone!

Ken, you should ask Kelli, "What the heck is your problem?" Get all belligerent and maybe she'll let something slip! Or you could threaten to blow her up. Because violence can solve problems in MTS. ;)

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
After taking a long weekend off which I probably shouldn't have, I wrote 968 words today.

That puts me at 3k for the month which ain't @#$7, but I'm still hopeful to finish this draft by the end of the month. ;)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh good writing guys. Namatu, that's awesome! :D

I just got smart and wrote up a helpful summary of the next few scenes to get them sorted out. I just deleted probably 800 words in the process when I decided the scene I'd been writing wasn't working, but I'll replace them today at least. This writing it out in note form is helping a lot. :)

ETA: Wee! Rewriting the end of a scene to accommodate the reworked bit, and while some of it was recycled, I'm up to 892 already. :D

Last edited:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Great wordage, everyone!

Ken, you should ask Kelli, "What the heck is your problem?" Get all belligerent and maybe she'll let something slip! Or you could threaten to blow her up. Because violence can solve problems in MTS. ;)

Thanks for the advice, but you have to remember, you don't mess with a woman that carries a Glock. :eek:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget, you have all the power! You may not have a glock, but you have bad guys with explosions and you know how to use 'em!

Fins Left

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I want to join in! Can I, can I please? I need inspiration to get this WIP out. So, today I came up with a new scene and got most of first draft done. @1500 words.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Course you can join in. :)

1,559 for me. :) Had to prep for classes tomorrow or it would have been more, but I'm pretty happy with that.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I want to join in! Can I, can I please? I need inspiration to get this WIP out. So, today I came up with a new scene and got most of first draft done. @1500 words.

Welcome to the thread, Fins! Glad to have you! Great word count. :)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget, you have all the power! You may not have a glock, but you have bad guys with explosions and you know how to use 'em!
What kaitie said! :evil

Welcome, Fins!

Zero words for me yesterday. I was thinking.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Zero words for me yesterday. I was thinking.

But how many words did you think?

I wrote a bunch for a talk I have to give tonight. Yes, tonight. I work best on a deadline. :tongue

Tomorrow back to the WIP!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Fin *Waves*

A measly 565 words today, although I have consumed large quantities of chocolate so it's not all bad.:D

Fins Left

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Of course, after publicly committing here, today my brain wanted to blow it off. So, we had a sit down and I said it had to get its arse in gear.

I got one new scene started and expanded descriptions two existing sceens. About 2000 words written.

Now... if it get credit for words thought that would be whole 'nother ball of wax...