Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Um, can I join in :D It would help a lot, I'm thinking, if I was held accountable.

(But I'm going to have to moderate the no internet rule, because I need to use it for study. No internet for anything other than study then)

Title : Mapmaker

Current word count : 800 words

Daily time allocated: whatever I get in study breaks

Goal for each day: 200 words/day
Future goal: 600 words/day once my exams are done

This is going to be fun :)

bob88

Not writing as much as he should be
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to have you here, sianshan, and good luck!

:e2moon::whip:
Does that help?

A little to the left, if you will :D
I'm all itchy thanks to those bloody mosquitoes...

MyFirstMystery

Having Fun with Words
Registered
Reaction score
It's great to see everyone's progress! *HighFive*

Checking in to say that things have been mostly great. I've added 8K to my novel in the last 5 days.

My current worry is that my book is going to come in quite short. I'm shooting for 65K (Cozy Mystery) and I may end up at about 45K in this draft.

I'm trying not to get too wound up about that yet. I tend to be a bit lean on description and subplot, so there is a good chance I can round it out to a saleable length without any "padding." (I hate padding.)

I'm an impatient reader and finding that I'm also an impatient writer. I want action! I want to solve the mystery dammit! My path to the conclusion may be a tad too direct. :)

MFM

Lizardmaker

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Way behind on my writing, but here's why: It's launch day for my first novel, Ebenezer's Locker! If you'd care to help me celebrate, please stop by my online launch party.

At some point I really do need to focus and write. But this is so distracting and fun!

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
Totally joining in on this.

My project is untitled... I keep coming up with titles that sound too much like others' titles for their books. So for now, I shall call it the "Untitled YA Fantasy WIP." It's currently 31,000 words.

My absolute minimum daily word goal: 500 words
My preferred word goal: 1500-2000
Word count I am aiming towards: 90,000-100,000 words

Hoping to finish the first draft by the end of June, but we shall see. :Shrug: Gotta get my butt in gear today after I do a little bit of research (see: procrastination.)

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back, and a thousand words into a new novel. :) Writing is slow for me in the summer, and I currently have several parkour-related gigs, so my goal is to do a minimum of 50 words per day. With any luck, I'll actually be hitting closer to a thousand, but it's unrealistic to try to hold myself to that at the moment.

And Congrats, Lizardmaker! I'll check it out!

Kathleen_

Registered
Reaction score
I pulled a 5K day yesterday and finished the draft of my short story and wrote the climax of my novel. I swear I've only got another 3K to go on my damn book. 5K, max.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Amazing wordcount, Kathleen!

Between last night and this morning, I've added another thousand... so 2k 4 me. :D

Kathleen_

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all! And congrats to everyone else with their progress. Every word is a word in the right direction!
done 1K today and it's 1000 very depressing words. No happy ending in my book. Feeling a bit depressed about it-- a 'who on earth would want to read this' kind of feeling. It's ok, I've had it at several points in writing this damn book and I'm writing it because the story couldn't wait to be told. I was going to write the rest of the series first and and even if I did get the rest of the series published then this book has been a "maybe" for trying to have it published, so chances are no one will never read it. I just needed to write this story and I'm ok if I'm the only one who ever reads it just... damn book! lol

Going to go write some more. Finish this scene, finish the first draft. Then I just need to edit this pile of crap into submission!

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Hadn't posted in a while, but I have been working on my novel, however slow. I got in 1475 words last night. I changed scenery a bit and wrote in bed instead of my office, which was much more comfy! And I had the house to myself which is always a huge plus. I hadn't read through the more recent posts, so here's a congrats and welcome to you all!

Lizardmaker

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
I just had to check in again. 1331 words today but....

:D I finished the damn book! :D :partyguy:

Well, the first draft, anyway. Target wordcound 90,000. Actual 90,123.

Yay! Congrats!

I'm at the point where moving forward through chapters in order has started to feel like a real drag. So, for a while, I'm jumping around writing random scenes. But I'm still doing about 1000 per day, so it's fine. Whatever works to keep it moving forward, I say!

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Kathleen! That's fantastic.

I'm up to 36,000 words, but I am having SUCH a difficult time writing. It's about 1/3 of the way through the novel and I haven't really introduced the LI, the antagonists, and many of the other main players.

I think I'm going to have the antags storm into the middle of the scene to jolt my characters out of their stasis. (-__-)

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I forgot to check back in... It's great to finally do so and see that yet another book has been written. Congrats, Kathleen!

And I'm up to 3K. Hooray!

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
:D I finished the damn book! :D :partyguy:
Well, the first draft, anyway. Target wordcound 90,000. Actual 90,123.

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!

I'm checking out for the week. It's been rough going. But I'm still writing the damn book :Thumbs:

Hope ya'll are keeping at it. If weekends are your time to rest, hope it's a chill one, & if weekends are your time to work, hope it's a productive one!

LN

Lizardmaker

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Congrats on all the great word counts, everyone.

After a few days of jumping around in the manuscript, I put in two marathon days and inished chapters 16 and 17. That's halfway done with the damn book, and I have many sections already drafted in the second half. Hoping to do my impression of a steam engine and barrel on through!

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
Up to 46,000, now. 10k more than when I last checked in! Whoo!

Still having a difficult time, though. It's the nature of middles, I suppose.

Lizardmaker

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Chapter 18 is done. Hoping to get enough ahead of sched that I can take Friday afternoon off from writing. My husband invited me on a museum date!

Savagelilies, middles are always an awful slog for me. So glad I've passed the halfway point in mine. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.