NaNoWriMo anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcharles

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just thought I'd start a post and ask which of you are planning on taking part in NaNoWriMo? I only just decided this very minute, so I'm all excitement and anxiety. Would be nice to share this with some fellow WriMo's.

Thought it would be good to have a thread going where people could possibly update their word count, and give each other a little inspiration and motivation. To share tips and such.

Apologies if there is already a similar thread, and if that is the case, feel free to point me in the appropriate direction.

Shika Senbei

Me want a cookie!
Registered
Reaction score
I write about 50,0000 words a month as it is already, so I don't really see the added benefit of attending NaNoWriMo.

lcharles

Registered
Reaction score
Well, that is something I envy my friend.

I'm going to take part as I find all of my writing lacks something to unite it at the moment. This will be my first long-term project. I have scraps here and there, but nothing cohesive. Hopefully after taking part I can achieve 50 000 every month also.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
There's a NaNoWriMo thread over here with plenty of comments and enthusiasm in it, lcharles.

ETA
: That link's for YA. Becky's link is more comprehensive.

Last edited:

dontpanic

and carry a towel
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping to do it this year! I did it two years ago but unfortunately didn't quite finish. Every year I say I'll do it but something always seems to get in the way. Inevitably this year they'll be stuff to take up my time again but I'll try and clear my schedule to write that thousand a day!

GiddyUpGo

WIP: Still choosing the right font
Registered
Reaction score
Website
travelbystove.blogspot.com
I did it last year, and finished too ... but at great expense to my family who were terribly neglected all month. :) I think November is a really bad month to commit to stuff like that, because it's a little too close to the holidays. I would do it again if it was in January or February, but that's just me.

jlstov

Registered
Reaction score
I plan on giving it a try this year. It'll be my first time. I write fast, but I'm not sure if I write 50K words a month. LOL

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I did it last year, and finished too ... but at great expense to my family who were terribly neglected all month. :) I think November is a really bad month to commit to stuff like that, because it's a little too close to the holidays. I would do it again if it was in January or February, but that's just me.
I agree.

I've always had to play catch up the last week of Nano.

Last edited:

Shika Senbei

Me want a cookie!
Registered
Reaction score
five hundred thousand words a month :eek:

I am actually thinking about spending a month trying to get to that number. I am afraid that's a bit too hard for me, since the neurons in my brain refuse to fire after having written 10,000 words in one day. I am curious though about how much of the writing would still be usable.

lcharles

Registered
Reaction score
There's a whole sub forum devoted to NaNoWriMo here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87
Come join us... :)

There's a NaNoWriMo thread over here with plenty of comments and enthusiasm in it, lcharles.

ETA
: That link's for YA. Becky's link is more comprehensive.

Thank you for the links both of you, I look forward to seeing you on the forums.

If anyone would like to buddy my Author Name on the site is "lcharles".

:)

SkyeScribble

Child
Registered
Reaction score
I will be doing Nano this November, though I'll be using it to finish my current project, which I am 38k words into. I'll still try to write 50k words though.

Status
Not open for further replies.