Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Really, 44? He looks damned good for his age.

Yes, a hug for the Fizzter. Even though I'm sure your little ones are happy and healthy at Mom's, it rips your heart right out of your chest to not be there with them, I'm sure. There aren't really any winners in divorce, just people managing the very best they can.

Maryn, threading her needle with catgut to stitch up Fizzy

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Sometimes I get really worried about the kids, but on balance, they are doing really well. Fizzette just doesn't agree with it (her words). I have to play the good guy and play it off as a mutual decision that is best for the two of us (us meaning the adults). It's tough sometimes when Fizzette sees me leaving. I'm sure she thinks this is all my game. And I'll just go on letting her think that since they are with the ex most of the time--I don't want to create added friction in an already touchy situation.

On the good side, Little Fizzy just received straight A's in his first grading period of middle school. Fizzette earned
A's and two B's (third grade). This is a good omen in the situation.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Smart daddies produce smart kids, in my experience. (I ain't the one with multiple degrees.)

So, remember a few weeks ago I complained that once Mr. Maryn dropped something to the floor, it became invisible? (I think that was in here.) When I went to make lunch, there were four wrapped slices of cheese on the floor, now at room temperature. I get that he's not thinking his swiftest in the morning, and that his back hurts or is stiff sometimes, but if he'd said something, I'd have picked them up. Instead I have to pick them up and throw them away.

As flaws go, I'll still keep him. Beats gambling, whoring, and like that.

Maryn, aware she's not quite perfect herself

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
LOL Maryn

AW Fizz, I hate that. I'm not at all looking forward to the last time I see Gracie for a while. I'll be going with her on a field trip to the children's museum and the park on Thursday and then I'll be with her all day on Friday as well. Her mom (my sis) doesn't want us to say "goodbye" because she doesn't want Gracie to be upset and anxious about it...which I understand, but still---ah well, it'll be okay. And I have told my sister to email me with absolutely everything she does, lol.
Now I'm going back inside because the 'sqeeters are eatin' me alive.
Night House

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
of course beingoff work I fell asleep earlier and now I am awake. bah. I goto see the doc tomorrow to getthe staples out.

I went all day without lortab but I took some now. it's fair to want to fall asleep without pain, right?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They don't give you pain medications for the character-building exercise of enduring pain while staring at the pills, I'm pretty sure. Although I do the same thing, stop taking pain meds as early as I can. But if you need them to sleep, go for it.

I woke up around four in the morning and had trouble getting back to sleep. I'm fine now, but tread with care later today when I become either morose or a bitch.

Maryn, who has a good idea for who deserves the bitch, if that's what happens

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, you can always beat the towelboy (where it doesn't show).

Hoping the pain goes away for good soon, Sass.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i hate the way the lortab makes me feel - i've been taking ibuprophen during the day. it's not so bad in the morning but as the day progresses, it gets worse.

once I went to sleep I slept until the alarm went off to get hubby off to work. :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, a small amount of drama today. The Kid called to see if I might drive her to campus. She's not feeling well but needs to be there for the class she's TAing. So I do, and offer to pick her up. She's happy to accept but hadn't wanted to ask because it was too much. (I raised them to think of others.) Then she was kind of late, enough that I started worrying that she'd passed out or something. It turns out she was feeling better, and that one of the students wanted her to explain something, so she did.

Maryn, who has a car book, so the waiting time is never wasted

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of course not. The beatee never does.

Maryn, in clear violation of the SSC rule

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Russ. I thought I was doing a favor. The HOL ladies give beatings that are memorable.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed, Lily, indeed.

Maryn, thinking it's cool your agent thinks you can write anything

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Well, he passed on my vampire book (bad timing, much?) and my first-ever novel, the religious horror. When I pitched him my new idea, he suggested it might work well as litfic. :scared:

But I told him I'd try to learn to write litfic. Heck, I learned to write YA.

He is funny and loves my writing and can sell books. What more could a writer want?

Okay... a Major deal with the Big Six, so I can stop worrying about whether or not we can pay all the bills plus college tuition.

A gal can dream. :D

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...For the first time, though, she had a serious daddy-don't-go reaction when I dropped her off at her mother's house last evening. Ripped my chest open...

Awe. I hate to admit it, but I think we daughters miss our dads even more then our moms when they're gone.

...When I went to make lunch, there were four wrapped slices of cheese on the floor, now at room temperature...

If they were still wrapped and weren't on the floor for too long, I probably would have eaten them.

Well, he passed on my vampire book (bad timing, much?) and my first-ever novel, the religious horror.

Religious horror; that's the theme for my NaNo project this month. It's amazing how well horror and religion go together. *smirk*
:e2seesaw:

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
Sass, that's great, and it's got to be quite a relief.

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
To whom it may concern, and pardon me all if this is beating a dead horse about something I just recently noticed, but it's driving me nuts...

What the hell is the deal with the ads at the top of this site page? For example, at this very moment, there's a Google Ad above for T4t3 Publishing that reads "Get Published Today," and blah, blah, blah. Then, right below that ad, but not part of the ad, it says, "A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for," and the site owners evidently put that there. Of course I understand that, too...I wouldn't want to do business with them. However, what I don't understand is why the Google ad would be there in the first place if the site owners feel so strongly negatively about those kinds of advertisers. Why take their ads, then? Further, who would want to spend their advertising dollars on a site that makes those kinds of warnings about their ad—right below the ad? If I paid for an ad on a site, and the site owners made that kind of comment about my ad, I'd pull my advertising in a heartbeat. I just don't get it!

My guess is that the site owners have no control over what ads Google inserts, but if that's the case, why sign up with them? :Shrug:

Russ, who's perhaps being a bit obtuse about this, but still is hoping for an explanation, in spite of the fact it’s hilarious because it’s so ridiculous.

EDIT: I did a little investigating and think I've found my answer. The site owner participates in AdSense from Google, so they really don't have much control over the ads that rotate through. Kudos to the AW owner for warning folks who don't know any better than to respond to those kinds of advertisers.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Russ, my understanding is exactly that, that our content--talking about books and publishing--determines which ads appear at the tops of our screens. Mac, the site owner, recently added the line A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

T4t3 Publishing is an especially unhappy choice for this site, since we rake their $4,000(!) self-publishing fee and the phony doctorate of owner Dr. R1ch4rd T4t3, who probably makes his wife call him "Doctor" in bed, over the coals routinely. It's a fascinating thread to read when you have time to kill.

[Assuming snooty tone] I, however, use Firefox with the AdBlock extension, so I don't see those ads. I see two which change infrequently instead. I presume they're there on purpose.

Maryn, bidding HOL good morning

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.