• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[File host] Share Master

Michael Drakich

A wanderer in the sea of publishing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaeldrakich.wordpress.com
When examining my google alerts as to my existing published works, I noted a new entry where my products can be found at a website entitled Share Master, found at the address - http://download-file.net/

This is most disconcerting. It appears that members can receive an unlimited number of free ebooks, mine included. When googling this site for info, I see that a discussion occurred on this yesterday at Amazon.com. In an attempt to see what was contained in the discussion, I found that the discussion had been removed. Most likely, it discussed the ability of unlimited free ebook downloads, something Amazon would hopefully fight against.

Where is Share Master getting the ebooks from that they can give away like this? My understanding is that the downloads from Amazon Kindle and B & N's Nookbook are not transferrable. I'm assuming the same thing at Kobo.

This is a severe problem. I would appreciate any enlightenment that's out there.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Michael Drakich

A wanderer in the sea of publishing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaeldrakich.wordpress.com
Hi Maryn,

Read through that posting and I disagree with you as to what info it provides. That site seems to have vanished, and everyone seems placated that it has, nothing more.

I have emailed Amazon for their input on this, though I don't know what to expect. I find the concept of hoping they will just go away as a dangerous course of action.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Michael, in the thread that Maryn linked to there's a link in the very first post with information about how to file a DMCA takedown.

That's exactly what you need to do. Get the website taken down, so the owner of it is denied access to the internet.

Yes, it's possible--likely, perhaps--that they'll just register with another ISP and get that site up and running again.

It's not a perfect solution, but it's something.

The internet is far too big for us to police it all, all of the time.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Welp, they might be somewhere else, but that ain't there anymore.