Status
Not open for further replies.

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com
Looks like it's not food poisoning. the nausea has mostly passed (as long as I don't eat anything). But now for the second time, fever and chills have set in. Must be a virus of some sort.

Please, let me die already!

Get well soon! :Coffee: <--- soup is in the mug, not coffee

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
You know, I didn't know who this was when I clicked the link, so I went and googled the song, and you know why? My dad was still trying to convince my mum that kids were a good idea. You all be old.
:tongue

Eh? What's that? I can't hear you over the creaking of my knees. :cry:

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
Drink with me, cantina, for I have most likely shot my first query in the kneecap as I sent it into the ether.

Apparently the local post office doesn't carry American postage. At all. It has vouchers. I was told I would have to drive across the border in order to get stamps for my return envelope.

In a panic that I would lose my nerve (as I can't afford the gas for that trip this month, and it's a short trip at that), I sent it anyway. Stupid, stupid, stupid....

So... yeah. Cracking into the wine in the house, here.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Drink with me, cantina, for I have most likely shot my first query in the kneecap as I sent it into the ether.

Apparently the local post office doesn't carry American postage. At all. It has vouchers. I was told I would have to drive across the border in order to get stamps for my return envelope.

In a panic that I would lose my nerve (as I can't afford the gas for that trip this month, and it's a short trip at that), I sent it anyway. Stupid, stupid, stupid....

So... yeah. Cracking into the wine in the house, here.
Hm. I seem to recall something about using International Reply Coupons for things like that. Try looking into that for your next query.

Also, the submission guidelines should have mentioned something about it.

Was there not the option of emailing your query?

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
Hm. I seem to recall something about using International Reply Coupons for things like that. Try looking into that for your next query.

Also, the submission guidelines should have mentioned something about it.

Was there not the option of emailing your query?

The agency website didn't specify anything similar, and I'm mailing from Canada to the States (which I've done many times, but never with a return payment involved). This agent preferred mail to email.

I ended up clipping the coupon/voucher things to the SASE, but I have a sinking feeling that unless there's stamps on that envelope, I'm hosed.

My turn to go through the cheeky YouTube videos, I think. That, or wondering what kind of sci-fi monster movie goes well with this red....

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Good morning cantina :Sun:

Slightly amusing conversation with my grandmother yesterday, she is almost 92 and can't understand why she has an age related disease, 'but I'm not old', featured in the conversation more than once. Just because she doesn't feel old in her brain doesn't mean that the rest of her agrees. Funny and sad all at the same time.

I need to update my accounts this morning, I am two days behind so I'll get twitchy if I don't and then it's back to the SFF challenge I think. I'm going to take a different angle today. It's not funny enough. In fact, it's not funny at all. Serious plot changes afoot - excuse my pun.

Breakfast time.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bettie, pull up a couch, stay awhile...

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning friends!

I have a new friend coming over this afternoon just because she wants to hold Baby K for awhile. So I'm taking the opportunity to go get my CO drivers licence. Been here almost a year and still haven't done it. And what's my motivation? Can't get a library card without some kind of state id. :D

Of course this means I got some cleaning to do but that will have to wait until the sun actually rises over here. Until then, I write!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for pre dawn writing :)

And: THREE DAYS! Weeeeeee! Go go Saturday.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*collapses in pile of smibbles* Getting up early sucks. And the funky weather is messing with me.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Looks like it's not food poisoning. the nausea has mostly passed (as long as I don't eat anything). But now for the second time, fever and chills have set in. Must be a virus of some sort.

Please, let me die already!

We had/have that. All 5 of us. We thought hubs got off light but it hit him yesterday. Horrible, horrible virus. 48 hours of hot flashes, cold chills, fever, and intestines emptying any way they could. I'm hoping hubs late episode doesn't re-infect the whole family.

Think I can put him in an air-locked quarantine?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I just made my self look silly in one of my SFF crits. Assumed an animal described in the story wasn't real because a) I'd never heard of it and b) it was big enough to carry a person. Now I know that while the size is not normal, said animal is real. I feel ignorant.

Also I started writing my next SFF Challenge piece and already did it wrong. Good bye one handwritten page. Let's try this again. :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Had a DREADFUL night. Still sick this morning. Hurts to read. Hurts to think. Even the keyboard makes too much noise.

Got church tonight, and I'm the only available musician. So now I gotta figure out how to get well long enough to survive a drive into town and two hours of service, not to mention the singing, which is painful at the best of times :)

Being a drama queen requires so much effort.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well that was a late night. Fun, but late.

On the agenda for today: completely reinstall computer OS because the machine is failing. In completely unrelated news, if anyone knows an old priest and a young priest, I may need their numbers.

Morning gang. Whut up?

Status
Not open for further replies.