• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I need a beta reader or a mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataanii

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I need a beta reader or a mentor for a drama/suspense script I am working on. I need help with a bit of it. I need someone who knows about writing, and the craft of writing who can help or mentor me on this. I need someone to critique my work but not with harsh criticism but with constructive criticism. And as I said, I need someone who's a real pro at writing. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You now have enough posts that you can post pages from your script at the appropriate Share Your Work board. From whatever feedback you get there you may be able to determine who'd be a good person to ask specifically for the huge favor of beta reading (when you have a complete, polished work) or mentoring.

I hope before you post your own work you'd have the courtesy of giving feedback to others at the same board. It will not only help them improve their work but often illuminate the flaws in your own.

Maryn, fan of SYW

Nataanii

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Oh thanks and absolutely, I love to critique work...it helps to make you a better writer if you can critique and share. :)

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need a beta reader or a mentor for a drama/suspense script I am working on. I need help with a bit of it. I need someone who knows about writing, and the craft of writing who can help or mentor me on this. I need someone to critique my work but not with harsh criticism but with constructive criticism. And as I said, I need someone who's a real pro at writing. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

I don't know anything about scriptwriting, so I can't help you with that.

However, I noticed that your post is similar to many I see here, in which nearly every sentence is structured with "I need" or "I want". It's possible that you could make your request stand out from the hundreds of others by adding "I understand that I am asking for someone not only to share with me their experience and knowledge but also to give up five hours (or fifty hours, or half a day per week, or whatever) of their valuable time. In exchange, I am willing to (proofread a novel for them/donate money to their favourite charity/commit to spending the same number of hours critiquing other people's stories in ShareYourWork/whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.