Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, my head hurts , and I've come to a fork in the road in regards to my writing.
I'm writing, writing, writing, then I realise I have no idea who or what this 'freaky' part of the story is going to be. Is it a mixture of rabid supernaturals, is it an alien invasion, or a weird science experiment? I'M SO LOST!
Because so far what I've got, it's pointing more to science. But I don't want it to. Does that make sense? No, it can't make sense. I don't even understand my own ramblings.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I could just continue and make stuff up as I go along like a true trooper. :p
Perhaps make it a combination of things. Confuse the reader. Hmm lord knows I've had my fair share of confusing reads.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Oddly enough, that made complete sense to me.

This has happened to me in my first two books... Now follow these instructions...

1) Calm down and take a deep breath
2) Weight all your options, and think where each will take you and your story.
3) After you do a little future planning for each of these, pick your favorite
4) Get writing!

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I know I'm late but...

I LOVE Vampire Diaries. And... Glee, despite only starting to watch it a few months ago. And they're American.

America does have a few good shows. I like NCIS, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, and Glee.

The problem with those shows is the acting is... crap. There aren't many good programmes that have good acting anymore. Not ones aimed for YA anyway. The only good actor in Glee is the gay one and he's been fired! Like, seriously?! I only ever watched maybe 5 episodes over the seasons. But he was the only decent characters.
Not to mention they slaughter EVERY song they try to cover.

1. Chris Colfer was fired because his character was a SENIOR. I'm not even entirely sure if he's been officially "fired." There's so much confusion surrounding what's going to happen to the seniors after this season.

2. They do not slaughter every song they try to cover. There are a couple songs of theirs that I like the cover better and then there are quite a few that I like the Glee version better.

Best shows ever: George Lopez, Fresh Prince, The Nanny, and Everybody Hates Chris.

Problem solved!

YES. I watched all six seasons of The Nanny in four days last summer. It was kind of insane. I only really stopped to sleep. I've been watching a lot of older shows lately.

I adore Avatar: The Last Airbender. I've been working my way through all three seasons (I'm about halfway through season two right now). I'm psyched for the new show! I really hope it's as great as the original, though, and they don't screw it up.

I've always wanted to go through the credits of movies and just pick names. There are so many people. But I usually need a name fast, so I just use baby name sites. For last names I use this.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oddly enough, that made complete sense to me.

This has happened to me in my first two books... Now follow these instructions...

1) Calm down and take a deep breath
2) Weight all your options, and think where each will take you and your story.
3) After you do a little future planning for each of these, pick your favorite
4) Get writing!

See, Supernatural would be my normal choice, but that's only because that's what I love to read. I'm not a huge alien/sci-fi fan so I'm thinking more "a creature has managed to glamour the residents of Heaven and are taking over."
haha. Oh crud, I just ruined it. :tongue :evil

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I have a whole system for picking names... except for my main 5 because i came up with those long ago, off the top of my head because i liked them... Wishnowski, and McClennen arent even on the US Census, That's what happens when you make up last names but turns out there are a few people out there with those last names!!!!

See i have a system because i try to make my books as believable as possible, so i need unique but sort of popular last names, so there will always be a few people out there with that name.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Geek!

Also, I want to see One Day when it comes out! It has Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess in it!

Geek_Pride

Fight For Your Right To Party
Registered
Reaction score
How has everyone been?

I've recently got the book One Day!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
GP! :LilLove:

I proofread an edition of 0ne Day while interning at N1cholls' publisher.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I want to see One Day, also. Though I suppose I should read the book first.

Jim Sturgess is lovely.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
The ending was a tad surprising if you were under the impression it was a genre romance. :tongue

Geek_Pride

Fight For Your Right To Party
Registered
Reaction score
Para! Was just about to text you :). I was reading the PM you sent me this time last year. It was, and still is, the sweetest message I've ever received!

HR! *TACKLE-HUG*
Hows life post-potter? I'm not doing so well...Have you signed up for Pottermore?

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh it's getting dark.

Anyone else sad at how fast this summer is going? *sniff sniff*

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Jim Sturgess is indeed lovely. Especially when he is singing. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying not to think about the start of school again in two weeks... no not going to think about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.