What are you reading?

Said The Sun

foremost, for prose
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished The Deadly Space Between by Elizabeth Duncker last night. I read it over the weekend. I enjoy a guilty-pleasure book and this is one of them. Plus, it's so addictive I took it with me everywhere and couldn't put it down till the very last page was devoured.

Baryonyx

Registered
Reaction score
Dreamcatcher by Stephen King

Tis one weird book, it's pretty fun though :)

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Polar Shift by Clive Cussler.

Plot better than the last Cusslers but a too short. I would have loved it to be much longer, detail on all the subplots.

PEBKAC2

Will crit for food.
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard that's not all that good but I enjoyed 20th Centuary Ghosts and Horns so would be interested to know what you make of it.

I'm about half way through and enjoying it so far. I really enjoyed Pop Art. Which story was your favorite?

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Quite a bit of detail and such,but Lisbeth Salander rocks and once the gory crazy started,I loved it.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. by Sam Wesson. It's about the making of the film version of Breakfast At Tiffany's and how it helped shape the portrayal of independent women in movies.

JulieHowe

Spent the night with Jack Daniels
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished reading : American Lightning: Terror, Mystery, the Birth of Hollywood, and the Crime of the Century. I highly recommend this book - I listened to the audio version, and the narrator, John H. Mayer, does a fantastic job. The book is the true story of the 1910 bombing of the Los Angeles Times building in downtown Los Angeles.

hitchhiker

Human Torpedo
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished One Shot by Lee Child. It's my second Jack Reacher novel, and the second one in July. I'll read more as they are entertaining.

Started Blood Meridian yesterday. I love me some Cormac, and really needed something the I must pay attention to every sentence and every detail or else my weak mind will get lost. Better to get lost inside the book.

Psybolt

Embrace Your Geekness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
embraceyourgeekness.ning.com
I just finished Jack the Ripper: The Final Chapter by Paul Feldman. He makes a hard to deny argument that the Diary discovered in the 90's is real and that the Ripper is James Maybrick.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

It's epistolary and sort of slow to get going, but picks up once you figure out the characters.

It's required reading for all HS students this summer so my son will have to slog through it quite soon.

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
"Shadow Play" by Charles Baxter

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Finished The Boy in the Moon, upon which I hugged my kids and had a good cry, much to their bewilderment. If you want to appreciate your lot in life, read this book!

I just finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Quite a bit of detail and such,but Lisbeth Salander rocks and once the gory crazy started,I loved it.
I started this one recently too! So far, so good.

oneblindmouse

The new me
Registered
Reaction score
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

It's epistolary and sort of slow to get going, but picks up once you figure out the characters.

It's required reading for all HS students this summer so my son will have to slog through it quite soon.

I loved that book!

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
The Lord of the Rings. Has a reputation among its detractors for being portentous, and I remembered it as such, but the style reads a lot more like a novelized Mabinogion than a King James Bible-wannabe (Harold Bloom's condemnation). Tolkien likened it more to a romance than a novel, and I find its prose folksy in places as I do much of the works that influenced it.

JulieHowe

Spent the night with Jack Daniels
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about to crack open the audio version of Native Son, my first time reading anything by Richard Wright.