• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
I forgot to come back in and update this. I got a partial request from Joanna on December 17th, which then turned into a request for a full. She is very personable in her emails. Adding that to everything else I've read about her, she'd be a fabulous agent to have. :)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I received a partial requestion on the 11th, but that wasn't so long ago

<pretends like she hasn't been Impatience Girl>

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm holding hands with you on many threads! Eee.

<pretending she hasn't been gnawing off all her fingers, up to her elbows, because then....there's sort of no hands to hold>
I totally gnaw on my fingers, no kidding. And it's gotten worse lately.

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
is joanna a "no response = no" agent?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
is joanna a "no response = no" agent?

From what I understand, she responds to all queries. (She responded to mine - with a no, thanks - in two days back in September.) And her numbers on Query Tracker seem to support that as well.

Sarah Christine

I think you can do better.
Registered
Reaction score
Where did the floor go? (This is not an existentia
Joanna did mention on her twitter that she's backed up with queries from the post holiday slam. So for those waiting longer than usual to hear back, that's probably why.

She also mentioned that she's really enjoying a manuscript right now. I doubt it's mine, but I'm excited for whomever's it is!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Joanne gave me a rejection this morning. Just under a month from partial request to rejection.

redlady1

Registered
Reaction score
I know Joanna started my ms on Sunday night. Other than that ... I haven't heard from her. But I swear she's trying to kill me, though, with these random updates about a ms that may or may not be mine.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh that's cool!

I wish there was a way for me to figure out when agents were reading my stuff. Unfortunately, they don't twitter/blog that kind of stuff :(

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I think it's better NOT to know. I mean, can you imagine the anxiety of knowing they've started your ms, and then having a day pass, then another day, and another, not knowing if they're loving or hating it? If they got bored halfway through? If that one character is grating on their nerves, or if you put enough pizzazz into that one big scene???

lol

Yeah. I think I'd rather not know. :)

Sarah Christine

I think you can do better.
Registered
Reaction score
Where did the floor go? (This is not an existentia
Verrrry good point! LOL I'd probably melt into a puddle while waiting under so much anxiety. An ooey gooey puddle.

This reminds me though of another agent that twittered about how she loved a manuscript and started to tease the author, because the author was a follower. What a way to find out!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know. I read an AWer's blog post about her (now) agent who was updating about loving her ms and wanting to offer, which then did turn into an offer. How exciting. I wish the agents with my fulls would tweet about what they're reading more. None of them do :(

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh that's cool!

I wish there was a way for me to figure out when agents were reading my stuff. Unfortunately, they don't twitter/blog that kind of stuff :(

Actually, I've seen two tweets just recently from agents reading manuscripts they were falling in love with. They're just not specific enough to give solid clues as to the story line. But I don't have fulls with either one, so I know it's not me.

ETA: Here's the one from Joanna:

I have this giddy feeling bubbling inside me because I'm reading a manuscript that I seriously LOVE.
9:57 AM Feb 9th from web

Last edited: