• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Wanted: Beta reader for urban fantasy (maybe YA, maybe adult)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejaimie

Writer of Urban Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jaimieteekell.com
Sorry to sound cocky for two seconds, but it's the nature of the beast...

1. I will naturally read your stuff. I am a solid plot and character editor, but not huge on line edits. In early drafts, I don't find line edits too helpful. This isn't to say I don't mind grammatical mistakes. Grammatical mistakes are sloppy, but everyone makes a few. The important things (in early drafts) are structural.
  2. Both of us reserve the right to end the "business relationship" at any time. If it's not working, it's not working. (Although I won't be a dick about it... we should try to be as reciprocal as possible before any one of us jets.)
  3. I want honest feedback, although Wheaton's law should apply.
  4. I am a fair and really nice person. Honest! I try to use the sandwich method wherever applicable.
I realize I have a low post count, having not been active in the AW forums. However, I've lurked for a while, and I'm moderately well-read as far as the blogosphere is concerned.

PM me if you're interested. I think the best way for us to decide if we're a good fit is to exchange first chapters. Mine is about 2K words.

<edited out>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.