Strategic Book Group / Strategic Book Publishing / Eloquent Books / SBM

rejectME

Registered
Reaction score
The posts/links last almost 6 days. They've now updated their facebook page to reflect the name change...

bylinesbyjo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bylinesbyjo.com
Question,

I have an in-law who just informed me that she has published one of her books. The publisher is Strategic Book Publishing. The book will be released in a few weeks. I am sending her a link to this forum.

I knew that this company didn't feel right when I saw the site. The feeling got worse when she told me about the email response to her query and the contract. She assumed that I was being a snob about Strategic. I am so happy to see so many validations of this company's fraudulence. Hopefully my sister-in-law hasn't sent any money their way.

Thanks for the information.

Jo

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Hopefully my sister-in-law hasn't sent any money their way.

You can be certain that she has, or they wouldn't still be talking to her.

Have her gather all her correspondence and records and pass them along to the Florida Attorney General. The Florida AG is asking for restitution for the authors who've been defrauded; she may get (some of ) her money back.

VanessaKEccles

Inspired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.VanessaKEccles.blogspot.com
Question?

I am so new at this; it's almost embarassing. I sent out to a few agencies, and I got a response from www.WIwritersagency.com -from my reading this is under the same umbrella that all of you have mentioned. They asked for my work, and I sent it to them. This was before I had read anything negative about the group. I have recieved a few e-mails since then, and all seem to be very imformative. They seemed to be professional to my very limited knowledge.

My excitement was quickly turned to disappointment after reading this thread and others. Nothing has been signed, and I haven't even been offered anything as of yet. I'm not sure where to go from here.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
My excitement was quickly turned to disappointment after reading this thread and others. Nothing has been signed, and I haven't even been offered anything as of yet. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Find a real agent.

Useful agents have sold books that you've heard of.

Nothing has been signed, and I haven't even been offered anything as of yet.

Did they tell you that you have to get a Professional Critique (for $90) yet? If not, you might look back through their correspondence to see if you missed it. While you're looking back through your correspondence, you might check to see if there's any indication that they've read your book or are familiar with its content.

wanda45451964

Registered
Reaction score
question?

I am so new at this; it's almost embarassing. I sent out to a few agencies, and I got a response from www.WIwritersagency.com -from my reading this is under the same umbrella that all of you have mentioned. They asked for my work, and I sent it to them. This was before I had read anything negative about the group. I have recieved a few e-mails since then, and all seem to be very imformative. They seemed to be professional to my very limited knowledge.

yes, i know what you mean, got the same letter this am, and since i already knew about them, i just deleted it. not worth my time. oh by the wway anyone on here that gets aemail from Pa leave it alone. We need us a big thick book with all great agents and publsihers in it. not these scame artist. to the woman that did pay these people do excatly like Mr MacDonald said to do, take everything and receipts to Fla. and get her money back. i wish her luck.

wanda45451964

Registered
Reaction score
just got a email

from wb literary agency saying that they still want my work and soon, they must needing money and think that i am going to give them money. Not.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Woo-whee!

Over at Associated Content, dated October 03, 2009, an interview with our boy Bobby, this time by "Patricia Williams." (Three gets you seven it's Bobby interviewing himself again.)

Interview with the Chairman of Strategic Book Publishing.

I can feel a line-by-line coming on....

Eirin

Likes picnic with roast beef.
Registered
Reaction score

Gasp.

You mean...this isn't written by a disinterested stranger who just randomly happened upon a publicist service of vast scope that so impressed her she promptly interviewed the Chairman of said service?

Inconceivable!

Last edited:

rejectME

Registered
Reaction score
Give him a break, Unk. When a fellow has over seventy aliases (aliai?) sooner or later he's going to start repeating himself.

Hopefully that means he'll have 70 +/- people to talk to when he ends up in jail one day!

wanda45451964

Registered
Reaction score
sounds like strategic is as bad as tate. Bet in the long run you will end up givingSBP 4,000 before you get your book published, if ever and then you will still be like you are now with PA. less whatever money you put out.

wanda45451964

Registered
Reaction score
guess they will go out of buisness one day. Should we all wish for this?

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
guess they will go out of buisness one day. Should we all wish for this?

The State of Florida will put Strategic out of business. The lawsuit's already been filed.

If you've had any contact with Strategic, get with the Florida AG's Economic Crimes unit.

wanda45451964

Registered
Reaction score
How do I do that? above. I didn't send them any money, no more than I would Tate, does that still count though.I have emails from Sherry.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Over at Associated Content, dated October 03, 2009, an interview with our boy Bobby, this time by "Patricia Williams." (Three gets you seven it's Bobby interviewing himself again.)

Yeah. Since a lot of it seems to be recycled from his emails and websites.

- VIctoria

Butterbean

This boy just ain't right
Registered
Reaction score
Robstown,Texas..Birthplace of Texas hold 'em
Website
www.storiesfrommikeysworld.com
How do I do that? above. I didn't send them any money, no more than I would Tate, does that still count though.I have emails from Sherry.

Hello, I'm familiar with Sheriff Sherry at the WL Children's Literary Agency and SBP and Robert Fletcher's groups, unfortunately!

wanda45451964

Registered
Reaction score
Really butter bean? How much money did they get you for? or tried getting you for.

entropic island

Registered
Reaction score
I know this is way late, but...they obviously either didn't read you manuscript or don't care enough to object to the content. Why? Because they figure you a paying customer.