Google Change Is a Positive Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefreelancertoday.com
A lot of people have been panicking because of a drop in rankings since the latest Google change. All this talk about Google going after content farms. People questioning about bailing on some sites that up until now have been lucrative for them. Stop.

Yes in effect Google went out for the content farms. BUT it is the content farms that allow a good majority of the subpar and trash content onto the Internet. Ultimately, though Google is going after low-quality content.

Keep doing what you do as writers and continue providing high quality content to your readers no matter where you write. Yes places like Suite101, AC, and Hub Pages took significant hits. However their overall page rank is still intact.

Things are still shaking out. Quality content will surface through once the dust settles.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with this. Several suite 101 FWs are thrilled they dropped the quota for them and aren't going to keep writing. I'm one that is going to go ahead and step up the amount of articles I write. I know that, like the Google change in May last year, its temporary and will work itself out. I want as many articles in there for when it sorts itself out. :)

Domoviye

Busy, busy, busy
Registered
Reaction score
I suffered a hit with my Suite articles, but I'll tough it out. The articles that got hurt the worst were some of my spammiest types, so it is frankly a well deserved kick in the butt.
Before I start to panic I'll wait at least a month to see how it all sorts itself out. Others should to.

Ali B

Just Hanging Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alinabradford.com
I have to say my earnings on my blogs have skyrocketed, so I'm kinda loving this change. It has lowered my PVs over at Suite 101, but they are rebounding, so I think it will all end up being a win for me.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I worked all morning on this:

http://calissaleigh.com/write/2011/03/content-mills-vs-google/

I don't mean to self promote, but I took a look at was supposed to be the top ten websites that were lowered on the totem pole by Google. I don't know if my answers are what is causing the difference, but I took the perspective of a reader looking for an answer to a problem.

Diane Holmes

Founder Pitch University
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pitch-university.com
Wow.

Excellent post, Calissa.

Thanks for the time it must've taken to put this together. The screenshots really make it.

I worked all morning on this:

http://calissaleigh.com/write/2011/03/content-mills-vs-google/

I don't mean to self promote, but I took a look at was supposed to be the top ten websites that were lowered on the totem pole by Google. I don't know if my answers are what is causing the difference, but I took the perspective of a reader looking for an answer to a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.