Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, you create your characters, yeah sometime a character likes to take control but it still doesn't change the fact you created him/her and have ultimate say.

Just come up with logical answers:

What kind of person is Nick before and after said ex?
Why does Nick having an ex girlfriend move the story forward?
What could the ex have done to him that changes him or something... that again moves the plot farther?

If as you said she left him for a nice guy. Was Nick not a nice guy? Why? Does he now want to be? If so is it because he really likes Hannah and wants to keep her?

What moves the story or character forward is the big question.

I had a mini problem when i first created Jake, what did his ex girlfriend Susie do to him? Answer i decided on? She used him. Why? Because that is his final epic realization when she comes back, she is still only using him, and that's why he eventually falls for Andy because he knows she never has, but then freaks out when he finally kisses her and she pushes him away, because then he suddenly thinks she was just using him to have someone to talk to and be her friend, meanwhile also leading him on.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Chat? Insant Messenger.

You talk to them. Lol. Either that or I will stare my screen listening to music until I figure out the answer.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
nevermind read your post wrong. hehehe. Get it now. Clearly this new coffee i've been trying, is really not doing its job.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yay i'm not the only one!!!

ETA: Figured where to fit in two important chapters that should bring my WC to 40-45K! YAY! Now just to write it. I already had a friend IRL ask if she could read it when I'm done! heheehe that made me feel better. Anyone else want to?

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Also, GLEEKS: Grant Gustin is totally David from Electric Dreamer, based on Sebastian.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Decided to spend my day in work, writing summaries of all my books. So one day if i get a writing buddy i can catch them up to speed easily, plus kind of seems like a handy thing to have.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Ally, do you know of any songs about seeing a hot person, that might fit Hannah at the beginning? Or both of them?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Set it on Fire- my darkest day
I Like It- enrique iglesias
What makes you beautiful- One Direction
Chemicals React- Ally and AJ
Honestly-Cartel
Make you Mine- Copper
Gorgeous Nightmare- Escape the Fate
Paralyzer- Finger Eleven
This body pays the bill$- Four year strong
That's what you get- Paramore
Must have done something Right- Relient K
Memory & Pretty Girl- Sugarcult
She's so high- Tal Bachman
Drops from Jupiter- Train
Enchanted, Love Story, Sparks Fly, Today was a Fairytale- Taylor Swift

That's all i got i think.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check them out later.

ETA: Not Taylor Swift. I'll just check the lyrics.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I KNOW.

tumblr_lxbwhnlVmC1qbwch3.gif

Also, Ally, thanks to you and Google, I found out "Enchanted" is very nearly perfect (only a few lines don't fit) for Holly's first scenes. :D

ETA: Dinner has arrived.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Wow i'm still on book one summary, and you would think i'm writing another book. GRRRRR!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear.

ETA: Based on what I know, the playlist is a decent length and long enough to write to... but I want to demystify Nick. I'll post the playlist in a minute.

Last edited:

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
OMG GUYS HI I'M BACK.

Sorry I haven't been here in so long! My life has been so hectic, writing took the back burner, as did anything else enjoyable and depression pretty much consumed my life.

But thanks to a few ass-kicking people in my life, I'm finally getting the help I need. :) I'm not going to go into everything that's happened, because that would be a novel in and of itself, but if you read this comic, it's a pretty accurate description of what I was and am still going through.

March was a hard month, and it sent me over the edge and made me snap a bit, but I'm getting help now. I actually sat down and started writing for the first time in months last night. I'm trying to beat my mental illnesses, trying to curb my perfectionism, and I really missed all of you. <3

For those who don't know me, Hi, I'm Keagan.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
so want to know a funny conversation i just had to but into today?

A girl was complaining that Americans were fat because they eat two much junk food, as she was kind of making fun of a group of heavier kids standing not too far away with her friend. (that sort of thing pisses me off alot) Then said she had a solution. To charge food by its calorie amount. Naturally i'm confused so was her friend. In my mind i'm thinking everyone would go poor if even an apple cost like $80. But then she used an example. So a bag of chips that is around 250 calories, would cost $2.50.

Ok i get the logic in her statement but then I couldn't help myself. And asked so celery would be free? Kind of think that would put the celery market out of business. She looked at me confused. Then argued with me that celery had calories, then her friend laughed and had to prove to her that it has technically negative calories by showing her on her phone. AND SHE STILL DIDN'T BELIEVE US! So then i asked how much coffee would cost. That one really throw her through a loop. (Because although it technically has calories from 1-4, but there is no calorie label on coffee because its said to be burned off as energy) So she took out her phone and tired looking up how many calories coffee was and got really confused and frustrated.

Then ended up saying that the coffee itself could be free, but that you would have to pay for the sugar and cream based on calories! Then her friend who knew way too much about the economy so i was assuming was a business major or something tore her entire plan to steads because it would destroy the economy.

what does this mean? Ally=win!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
OMG GUYS HI I'M BACK.

Sorry I haven't been here in so long! My life has been so hectic, writing took the back burner, as did anything else enjoyable and depression pretty much consumed my life.

But thanks to a few ass-kicking people in my life, I'm finally getting the help I need. :) I'm not going to go into everything that's happened, because that would be a novel in and of itself, but if you read this comic, it's a pretty accurate description of what I was and am still going through.

March was a hard month, and it sent me over the edge and made me snap a bit, but I'm getting help now. I actually sat down and started writing for the first time in months last night. I'm trying to beat my mental illnesses, trying to curb my perfectionism, and I really missed all of you. <3

For those who don't know me, Hi, I'm Keagan.

KEAGAN!!!! :Hug2: I'm glad you back and feeling better!

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Yes post your playlist Lisa!

I'm slowly trying to get back into writing, a little bit at a time so my perfectionism doesn't take over again. Right now I'm only writing little character tidbits and drabbles, but hey, I'm fine with that. I'm not trying to impress anyone, not even myself, since I personally find it impossible to impress myself. :p I could be Shakespeare and think my work still sucks lol.

And yay Zoombie! How are you?! :D

And omg Ally you go. I don't think America is overweight due to laziness, I believe America is overweight because of our overworking, no rest society. Everyone is too busy working, no one is taking the time to cook proper meals. Everyone in a rush so we all drive to the store, never walk. It's always rush rush rush, go go go. And stress wrecks your metabolism (take it from somebody with depression and poor stress management skills). I actually am losing weight due to stress because stress effects my eating. I eat less when I am stressed.

And a lot of medications for depression make you pack on pounds. For a while I was eating less than 1000 calories per day (I'm supposed to be eating around 1800 per day), yet I gained 70 pounds in a year due to medication side effects.

So yeah, rather annoying when people get so caught up in weight and make fun of people over it. Weight, food, society, it's all such a complicated thing.

So good for you! You win five internets.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Imma do playlist cause Ally helped a bit.

N = Nick
H = Hannah

The rest are both or general.

"Here Comes The Sun" - The Beatles
"Enchanted" - Taylor Swift (H)
"Touching On My" - 3OH!3 (N)
"Down" - Jay Sean feat. Lil Wayne (N)
"Hook Me Up" - The Veronicas (H)
"I Feel Like Dancin'" - All Time Low
"What The Hell" - Avril Lavigne (H)
"Hot Mess" - Cobra Starship (N)
"Bad Romance" - Artist vs. Poet (H)
"One More Weekend" - The Academy Is... (N)
"Stolen" - Dashboard Confessional

I'll post the full one when it's finished.