• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Global Lion Intellectual Pty. Mgmt. (formerly PMA Literary & Film Management)

Braydie

Registered
Reaction score
Repunzel,

Welcome!
Sorry I don't have any info on Kelly Skillen. Good luck.
Enjoy AW.

Repunzel

Registered
Reaction score
I'll definitely stick around. Thanks so much for the nice welcome!

narnia

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Repunzel! I can't help you with your Kelly question either, but I can welcome you! :welcome:

RichardMcC

Kelly Skillen - PMA

Anybody know why Kelly Skillen left PMA and then returned? I hope she's still there since she requested a full from me back in March.

I attended the Oklahoma Writers Federation Conference in Oklahoma City this weekend (5/4-5/5), and Kelly Skillen was one of the speakers. I listened to her in two of the workshops and was very impressed by her, and would have no reservations using her as an agent. She does apparently still work for PMA, but there was no hint at any recent departure. Good luck with your submission.

jnesvold

Registered
Reaction score
I got a request for a partial from these folks. Does anyone know if E.M. Blake is male or female? Or is there some sort of more generic-y greeting I can use when I send it in?

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
I got a request for a partial from these folks. Does anyone know if E.M. Blake is male or female? Or is there some sort of more generic-y greeting I can use when I send it in?

EM Blake is an intern, and interns have no gender. Dear E.M. Blake ought to do it.

southernwriter

Born Under a Bad Star
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lesiavalentine.com
Kelly Skillen may be a very nice person. I've never met her. I'd never heard of her before today. I began researching her, and found that she's the agent for a book in print whose author I just happen to know, so I gave said author a call. The author was very careful not to badmouth the agency, but the impression I was left with was negative. I'm happy to hear others have had good experiences with PMA. Maybe satisfaction depends upon expectations.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
He might be legitimate, but he's a damn spammer. From my mailbox this morning(BTW I queried them once--via snail mail)

Over the past months I have been receiving a lot of interest in AUTHOR! SCREENWRITER!, my book and film. The reviews on amazon.com are stellar. Many authors have contacted me personally to consult on one or more book(s), projects, or ideas and asked me to offer my personal tips, wisdom, and/or recommendations.

My hectic schedule won't allow me to chat with each author personally so I've considered putting together a live, interactive Web conference to share my insights and answer authors' questions in a forum.

The Webinar I am proposing is very informative and engaging, and represent my over 30 years of experience in the book, motion picture, and television industries. You'll be able to connect with me live, over the phone and follow my presentation through the Web. I will give a one hour lecture, complete with a PowerPoint accompaniment, real time chat for questions and comments, interactive polls, and a follow along worksheet with the most important secrets I have to offer. I'll give everyone a free downloadable copy of my book Author! Screenwriter! beforehand as it will be a prerequisite to get up to speed.

After my presentation, we'll have an interactive Q&A session so that you can be sure your questions are answered. I can open up the phone lines for live dialogue, one at a time. You will also have the ability to text messages in.

If you're interested in such an event, please take the brief survey below so I can customize it perfectly to your needs.

Now why would I want spam from an agent? *grumble* Very poorly done!

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
That seems VERY unprofessional to me. Especially spamming people who didn't even query you. Even worse than tacking on a "buy my publishing book" blurb at the bottom of rejection letters.

Last edited:

WriterGirl2007

Black hole of writing...
Registered
Reaction score
After reading these posts, I'm thinking he might have an "auto response" to all e-queries that includes a mention of sending it on to his assistant and then a bunch of spam at the end. That's what happened to me. It was obviously a form letter, although not a rejection. The spam part was a bit odd.

Mr Lucky

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cosmicdrifter.com
My Kelly Skillen experience:

Three months ago I sent her a requested full manuscript. No word since.

I prompted her with an email two weeks ago. Still no word.

PMA seems to have a good reputation, so I wouldn't refrain from submitting to them. Nor would I refrain from continuing my agent search while they had my manuscript.

Last edited:

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
There's actually a thread about PMLA in the Bewares & Background Check forum, more for the background check than the bewares. This thread probably should be merged with that one.

That said, I'm given to understand that Kelly didn't truly leave PMLA. She took a leave of absence/time off for personal reasons.