Kindle for PC disappears???

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
As the title says, I recently encountered a small problem with my Kindle for PC in that the computer could not find the shortcut for the Kindle for PC. My desktop computer runs Windows XP. I even tried starting it from the start menu with no success.

I have not used the Kindle for PC on this computer for several months so I am unsure how long it has been missing. No big deal though, I removed the Kindle for PC from the computer and then went to Amazon and downloaded a new version. Problem solved right?

This morning, on my laptop, I tried opening the Kindle for PC on it. Same problem. The laptop runs Windows Vista. I went to my Amazon account to see if all my Kindles are missing or what, and no, the Amazon account shows they are still active. I can remove and reload like I did on my desk top, but that does not tell me why this happened on two different computers, running different OPS and the only files I share are those in my cloud storage.

My Kindle Fire has no problems.

Anyone else had or heard of this problem. Wondering if this is a glitch in the system or something Amazon does if your account is inactive for too long.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll have to look further, but I set up Kindle for PC on a new computer about a month ago. I haven't noticed any problem and I just run it without any problem.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
Same thing happened to me a couple versions ago. Try uninstalling it and then install the latest version.

guttersquid

I agree with Roxxsmom.
Registered
Reaction score
My PC crashed last month. After I got it up and running I had to download Kindle again. But now it doesn't work. Tried re-installing it a couple of times to no avail.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
I have reinstalled on both computers and they work fine again. I have had Kindle for PC on both computers and never had this problem before.

Unsure what caused it, but its fixed now. For how long though is the big question...

I sent a note to the Amazon tech guys. Still waiting to hear back...

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
My PC crashed last month. After I got it up and running I had to download Kindle again. But now it doesn't work. Tried re-installing it a couple of times to no avail.

Yours sounds more like a software problem on the computer than what I am going through. Both my computers are working fine and I have run scans to make sure I have no bugs or viruses...

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Yes...

I think it has something to do with the fact that I have not been opening them or used them in months...

Still have not heard back from Amazon on this...