Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I've been to so many states, come to think of it.

New York
New Jersey
New Hampshire
Maine
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
North Carolina
South Carolina
Virginia
Georgia
Vermont
Pennsylvania
Texas
California
Arizona
Nevada
Maryland

#random thought

going to bed.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I had to reboot my laptop, so I'm going to have to download stuff, as and when I want it, starting with dropbox so I can do coursework.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing Script Frenzy in April. I want to do a movie musical that's sort of Glee crossed with the golden era of movie musicals. I may start planning it in the New Year.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo Christmas Holidays!

Just got back from my church's 'Scratch Nativity' where everyone has to turn up dressed as a character from the nativity. Last year I was Joseph (a cross dressing Joseph, considering I'm a girl, but oh well) and I took my miniature shetland pony into the church as the donkey (all the old ladies were terrified that she was going to poo on the aisle carpet, but she was brilliant), and this year I came as a shepherd, with my 16-yr-old sister as my sheep. Good times!

What about any of you - have the Christmas events started yet?

P.s. Hey Lisalulu - just seen you're reading The Illustrated Mum - isn't it depressing? That was the only one of Jacqueline Wilson's books I didn't read multiple times, cos it was too damn miserable. Have you read anything by Michael Morpurgo?

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea what I should include in my essay conclusion. I was never good that stuff. I'm trying to finish the essay plan, so I can email it to my tutor and hopefully get comments back before Christmas...

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm on break, too! :D I had this dream last night about a YA book and I really like the idea... I have until Jan 3 when break ends and about no time after that until the end of the schoolyear. I want to hammer out this YA book in the 15(? I don't even know what day today is, ha, ha) days I have left. I'm aiming for around 50k words. But I don't have it plotted out at all. Stupid, right? A little over 3k words a day will get me my goal! Today I'm going to plot and then tomorrow I'm going to write that sucker!
I'll pop by tomorrow or tonight with progress... I might need some encouragement, though.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am alternating between my short story and plotting Sticks and Stones so I can have an epic writing sesh (well, hopefully epic) in Starbucks tomorrow. I will be missing a programme I love in the morning, but I'm so desperate to hit 10K before Christmas Day, and I'm hoping to at least hit 5K tomorrow.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I cant seem to write anything. All the stress of school is off my shoulders and yet... I've only written 2K of boring nothingness... Its starting to drive me insane! I really want to write but every time i get a spare minute (which isnt often these last few days) i sit there look at the screen turn on music try to get motivated then end up.... playing a game.

I know i shouldnt be trying this hard but i really want to finish TAJ before school starts again

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah all of my unstuck tricks arnt working. I wrote a mock ending for the story hoping that would motivate me... and it didnt. Been listening to my playlist for a long while, and it didnt work... even took a break and that's not working... GRRRRRR

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Have you considered just taking a break? I mean a proper break, like a week or a month. You've been under a lot of stress, and writing comes with pressure as well. Everybody needs to recharge their batteries from time to time.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I havent written anything in three weeks. I thought that was a long enough break. I havent written The House in well over two months....

GRRRR oh well it will come to me eventually

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Hullo. I'm about to start another novel but I can't think of a good, witty line to begin with...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
awww sorry Myst.

I'm actually just had a moment of greatness in my really horrible day. My mom handed me back the binder i put my first story in for her. She read up to chapter 4!!!! IN 9 YEARS she had never read any of my books! She actually reading my first one! And she is leaving REAL comments. Usually if i ever read her something (which is rare) her usual reply is "Oh that's good honey" but now she is bringing up questions and adding real comments and correcting what she can!!!!

YIPPIE!!!

:snoopy:

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
That's awesome am!

My mom is the same way. Sometimes she doesn't really even want to read anything I wrote. hehe.

I'm thinking about going to work on my "first" novel. I trunked it about two years ago but...it's still close to my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.