Can PublishAmerica terminate me for this?

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
No, it absolutely does add to your credits. I'm not what you'd call familiar with DOG WORLD, but I've seen it in pet stores and bookstores. Having an article published there is definitely a credit. It may not be a fiction credit, but it absolutely is a publishing credit of which you can be proud, IMO.

I just wanna second what Stacia said.

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
No, it absolutely does add to your credits. I'm not what you'd call familiar with DOG WORLD, but I've seen it in pet stores and bookstores. Having an article published there is definitely a credit. It may not be a fiction credit, but it absolutely is a publishing credit of which you can be proud, IMO.

I just wanna second what Stacia said.

And, as someone published in (now-defunct) CATS Magazine, I'll third it. :D

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a number of articles in scholarly journals and I mention them in my pub credits. They count because 1) the journals do not accept every article; it must pass certain quality and relevance criteria before they print it, 2) the articles are peer reviewed with the understanding that the reviewers could have blocked their publication, and 3) someone paid me to produce them, even if it was my employer in the course of my normal work duties.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
So as of this day I have no idea if I am an official published author.

Yes, you're a published author. Your work is available to the public.

No matter what you put in the sandwich, and regardless of whether you cut off the crusts, it's all slices off the same loaf.