How can I track downloads of my free kindle book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jillouise

Registered
Reaction score
Hi -- I'm in Day 2 of a 3-day giveaway of my Kindle book and I have 2 questions:
1) How do I know how many people have downloaded it? My Amazon free Kindle rank has risen (and fallen) but there's no change in my sales report. Not yet, anyway.

2) How do I keep from backsliding? One Day 1 my rank went from 900-something to #118, and now it's at #130. Any suggestions?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I think this is more of a self-publishing issue rather than a book-promotion one, so I'll move it to the right room. Hold on!

christwriter

Resistance is Everything
Registered
Reaction score
Website
creativedoubledipper.blogspot.com
Backsliding is part of the promotion. It's why it's not really effective to run a promotion more than two or three days. That first burst is of people who haven't seen your work before. It goes down because most of the people who would grab your work, already have.

jillouise

Registered
Reaction score
All the downloads should be tracked on the KDP control panel. There's usually a few hours delay in my experience.
Sorry to be dense, Katie Elle, but where's the control panel? I went to my Bookshelf and looked at Manage Promotions and the only option there was to end the promotion. Nothing about downloads. I did a search, too, and got no results.

jillouise

Registered
Reaction score
found it!

Duh. I'd been looking at the monthly sales report but never thought to scroll over to the far right where it says, plain as day, Free Units. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.