Writing an article on unsustainable fisheries

Nexus

Evolute
Registered
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I really want to gather some information on unsustainable fisheries and propose an article on that topic to appropriate magazines.

This would be my first time ever attempting this and I've looked for guidelines and helpful articles on the subject.

There seems to be varying hints.

I know I will need to look for contacts to interview, pose questions to, etc.

I have the background as I've got a bachelors in Organismal Biology with a focus on Ichthyology.

How would I best approach the situation and put my best foot forward when querying the idea?

A lot of the websites with details seem to be almost amateur, or show all the signs that raise red flags in my fiction writing/subbing/learning. Any specific and helpful articles on the subject would also be greatly appreciated.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
One of the most destructive forms of fishing ever devised is bottom trawling, which might be worth a mention in your article.

You can read more about it here as a starting point.

Nexus

Evolute
Registered
Reaction score
One of the most destructive forms of fishing ever devised is bottom trawling, which might be worth a mention in your article.

You can read more about it here as a starting point.

Thank you, silver.

Yeah that has a lot of by-catch and destroys reefs and shellfish beds right?

It is such a fruitful article. Gotta devise a strategy to include as much as possible while keeping it poignant and succinct.