Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Didnt know that. I use dictionary.com all the time. Is it safe to assume that all words on it that dont show up in word are words anyway? Here's another: pandemonic.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
i'd say your safe. I've come across the same problem with Word... and yes, i've reached that spelling limit before... a few times actually

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Ok. It's happened a lot: I take versions of words found at dictionary.com like pandemonic: the adj version of pandemonium and word says they're wrong. Since I've never heard of pandemonic other than from dictionary.com, I don't know which is right. I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
How long do these threads go on for anyway? What's the page limit? Like 500 pages? 1k? Just wondering

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah i dont use dictionary.com but i have a special program on my computer that check spelling and grammer and it tells me those words are real

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. What's the program on your computer? I need it. I have to leave, be back in a few hours

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ginger Software. (yeah i know the name is funny) but its awesome!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone got any comforting advice for a girl who's just had a friend break up with her? I feel like my hearts been stabbed. :cry:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
She was my friend, good friend, for 3 years. Then a couple of things happened and she's suddenly not talking to me... she explained with a bunch of "reasons" that apparently i'd committed, and now i'm like... heartbroken. SUCKS!

I didn't even know why. I asked her, and then she says she had deleted me from twitter and facebook. i thought, the least she could have done was TELL me WHY first!

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really sorry Kat, this is something i have TONS of experence with. Its going to really really hurt i know, but you need to understand something, if she doesnt want to be your friend then that is her loss, not yours, you dont need "friends" that would break your heart, because they arent real friends

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, well. Thanks. It sucks bad, because i have trouble making friends, and then more trouble KEEPING them. It seems no matter what i say or do, people take what they want to hear - or don't, as the case may be - and twist it to be personal. I did nothing but care for her for all that time and didn't say a bad word against her. I think we were too similar. So that's two friends lost in one year. Some kind of record me thinks. Ugh

And i tell myself she's not worth it if she's not going to try to explain before not talking to me, but it still doesn't help. There's only so many times one can say "they're not worth it" before you get to one that IS worth it.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean, the same thing has happened to me my whole life. I have a lot of trouble making friends too, infact at the moment i have none, and i'm not over exagerating that either. I really dont. It sucks to feel like there is something wrong with you because everyone you get close to ends up hurting you more then you imagined possible. It sucks to have history repeat its self over and over again.

I've resorted to not getting close to people because i fear the same thing is always bound to happen, but that's no way to live either. There are many many people out there who are to "about themselves" they dont understand how to be friends and they cant understand and grasp what it feels like to be hurt, so they hurt without care.

I just keep telling myself that there HAS to be one person out there that will like me and be a real friend. You should think the same way!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I wish i could give you more comforting words, I am really sorry you lost your friend. But if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always free. :Hug2:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I know. I've had horrible experiences with people in the past. And now because of my childhood i have trust issues. I don't open up much because of like you, the fear the same thing will happen. That i'll open up and become vulnerable, and it all go to shit. I guess i'm lucky, unlike when i was younger i literally had NO friends, i've got a definite two or three that i can say are friends. Not really "good friends" but they're there... none the less. Whether i could count on them in times of trouble though, is another matter.
And you know how i lost two friends this year? THROUGH TWITTER! I love AND hate that sight. Because if you say something that's, in your mind, and voice, nothing bad at all. It comes across on text, so much worse. You could be writing in caps and people think you're shouting. Or have to put a smiley at the end of something just so it doesn't look like you're being bitchy, or moody or whatever. It's ridiculous!

And thanks for the help. A little perspective goes a long way :) *hugs*

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
When i was little I had no friends either! Dont know why i put an exclamation, guess i'm just a little happy it wasnt just me. Yeah i have a few people in my life who are "friends" i put quotations around them because they are more people who hang out with me or talk to me when they are bored and have nothing better to do. Or use me because I have cool games and my mom is way to generous for her own good. But yeah i have horrible trust issues and social anxsity because of shit that happened to me when i was little (horrible bullying)

Twitter really? People blow things way out of proportion for no reason! Just this past school semester i lost what i thought was a really good friend of 2 years, oh God that ended horribly, worst yet we were roomates, and well... its a long story. All that happened because of Facebook and another girl and some other stuff... But i know what you mean...Some people just love Drama way too much for anyones good.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes having friends can be more hassle than it's worth. ha ha. On the bright side though, i've MADE friends because of twitter. So yeah, it has it's problems, but as well, it's good. I guess.
It's amazing how much school bullying can screw you up when you get older. Or is that just me? :/

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh no not just you at all... I could go on for days about how everything they called me and did to me turned me into this shy, awkward, weird person with such a lack of a life its scary. I still have such horrible social issues because of stuff and that stopped when i was 13. I'm 21 and am still effected every day by it.

But I'm giving myself therapy for it. My book Unsung Zeros... well lets say its half autobio and half what i wish i could have done to all of them.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Funny how a lot of kids who were bullied end up writing.... I know i started because of the bullying, escape mechanism kind of thing. maybe its just a coincident though

ETA! Hi HR! How are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.