How'd You Find This Site?

Architectlink

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking to pilot several projects for TV and googled "contact tv pilot writers" and ala, found you all.

Thanks for this forum, pretty awesome.

Hope my ideas haven't been stolen and cloned already.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I was linked here by a fellow struggling writer on LiveJournal. I don't know here sn here though....

booksbook777

Registered
Reaction score
so - actually joined up a few years ago and the rest of life intruded...so can I still call myself a newbie as its been years since I've been here and I feel like I'm getting my feet wet all over again....found this site originally when I was trying to find a few boards for young adult writers but also about writing in general...a blueboarder on Verla Kay's boards recommended it.

Kitara

I do believe in Faries!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I also learn of it in Writers Digest, but the newest Issue Oct 2009 :)

newbie- Kit

~peace

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea.

Oh, wait, yes, I remember now. I googled an agent's name and posts about them showed up. I joined right away because everyone here is AWSOME! and I haven't been disappointed :)

Jinksed

Registered
Reaction score
I stumbled upon it, and I am so glad I did!!
I've always been an avid reader - I will read just about anything - but I only recently discovered that I ♥♥♥ LOVE ♥♥♥ to write.
I thought that maybe I was being silly.
Me?
A writer?
I've never had anything published, and I don't know a single person who has. I do have one friend who is also aspiring to write - I see him about twice a year. I've got something I've been working on for awhile (I only get snippets of time for myself) that I'm extremely pleased with. I love my story, I love my characters and if I can I want to share them with the world. I am constantly inspired by everything around me.
As I previously mentioned, with all this enthusiasm and inspiration, I felt silly.
Coming here has made me realize that I have potential, that I am not silly and I am going to push forward with my new found love.
So, even if I never post another thing, I just had to share that.
In short - Thank you.

Last edited:

Irishgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a site that would that would give me adults to interact with. My daughter is cute, but at 6 months she doesn't carry on very stimulating conversations. I searched on the web for various writing groups, and here I am. This site is great because there is a great deal of valuable information on it.
My creative juices are flowing again! Yea!

aceok

Registered
Reaction score
I found your site thanks to GOOGLE!

Last edited:

jlhooker888

Registered
Reaction score
found you through the P&E site. I am a new older author. sorry to hear that i almost got caught up with Pub america but after they accepted my book so quickly i decided to dig on them and found all their bad stuff and did not sign.

AngelSooyung

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site from a tip one of my friends on Livejournal messaged me.

It made my day, really.

:D

rawwriter

Registered
Reaction score
My sister recommended this site to me. I was wondering where I could find a place to post my work and recieve constructive criticism, so she directed me here.
Lately, I've been into writing poetry and studying poets. I like Sylvia Plath's complex style and interesting descriptions.

"The night sky is only a sort of carbon paper,
Blueblack, with the much-poked periods of stars
Letting in the light, peephole after peephole-
A bonewhite light, like death, behind all things."
-quote from Insomniac by Plath

My goals for this website are to become a better writer, write more poems and eventually write a novel.

Last edited:

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I searched on writers forums. I was looking for another resource, other writers like me. Once I said 'hello' I've been hooked ever since. This place rocks!

Apple

Registered
Reaction score
I followed a link from a thread in a book reading forum.It has a little writers section attached and there was a discussion of writing websites and this one came up.

*~wonder~*

wishful wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
I was hacking NASA and MI6 and got bored, decided to do a little surfing.

(Hi, everyone. I'm new and I'm a bot and absolutely nothing I say is true.)

MLLFANTASY

Registered
Reaction score
I love me some Google.

Brand new writer trying to make her mark, so lots and lots of research was being conducted. Just happened to see a link, clicked, and got hooked.

Marilyn